1.    #1  
    hello
    would be nice to see a GPS ON reminder on the top bar, similar to the ringer switch. Many times I have left GPS on, and it would have been nice (saved battery) to have turned it off.

Thanks
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 02/02/2010 at 08:24 PM.
  2.    #2  
    i found gps-on and gps-active png's in usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\images, but no mention of that icon in the user manual or in the tricks and tips document.

Why would Palm do that? Did they forget to enable it, and thus not mention it in the manual?
    ya i second this request. i never know if gps is on. i know that on my previous phone, the droid eris, it had a gps icon at the top which was helpful to try and save battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    hello
    would be nice to see a GPS ON reminder on the top bar, similar to the ringer switch. Many times I have left GPS on, and it would have been nice (saved battery) to have turned it off.

Thanks
    Funny, with the recent updates I have found that my battery burn rate is not less with GPS off than it is with it on. I think in earlier versions of the OS there was something that was always actively trying acquire a signal which burned through the battery.

I just leave it on the whole time, tests with the Battery Monitor app show no difference between on or off (actually I should't say that, because it was actually a little lower burn rate with it on ;-) ).
    You'd be better off making a patch request in the Patches subforum.
    I only noticed this thread now, but I've just created and posted a patch that does this. It's my first patch attempt and is not perfect yet, but check it out and see for yourself:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2406372

--Todd