View Poll Results: Do you use Preware?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my phone is patched and themed

    86 37.55%
  • Yes, but only patches, no themes

    127 55.46%
  • No, and I have good reason not to

    12 5.24%
  • No, why should I do it? Where do I start?

    4 1.75%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1.    #1  
    If yours is still stock do you have a good reason for not modding it? I can't think of any.

    WOQI 3.0 is out today btw. I know some people such as myself don't check the Precentral homepage.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-quic...-now-available
  2. #2  
    just put on the black iphone launcher theme... looks pretty slick
  3. #3  
    what board members are you talking about lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what board members are you talking about lol
  5. #5  
    i have no problem with it, i just dont like the hassle of its conflict with WebOS upgrade.
  6. #6  
    I'd think nearly *everybody* who's a member of this site has modded their phone at least a little..

    ..lurkers can't vote...

    and how is the rest of the world (outside this forum) gonna even know about your poll? lol
  7. #7  
    im just wandering man lol ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #8  
    oh oh oh i c you Forum members lololol,........... well about 99.5 % of these people have their phone modded and maybe more . there are even some movie stars and singers songwriters and other well known people in these forums . of course they wont ever tell you but they are here hacking away at their phone just like you and me!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i have no problem with it, i just dont like the hassle of its conflict with WebOS upgrade.
    With 3.0 and AUPT on Preware there are no longer conflicts with Palm's updates. Uninstalling/reinstalling patches is no longer necessary unless you're talking about something else.
  10. 27scoob's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i have no problem with it, i just dont like the hassle of its conflict with WebOS upgrade.


    Yeah With 3.0 and AUPT on Preware....there is no more hassle ...only things to like ....
  11. #11  
    thanks for the information, can anybody explain to me how AUPT works?
  12. #12  
    If there is no problem now with the updates then I would love to try some.

    Just not sure I can figure out the steps.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Yeah With 3.0 and AUPT on Preware....there is no more hassle ...only things to like ....
    I just unpatched in anticipation for this update. Is AUPT /guaranteed/ to work? Because I'm not looking to have to take my pre for a visit to the doctor if something goes awry
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    If yours is still stock do you have a good reason for not modding it? I can't think of any.

    WOQI 3.0 is out today btw. I know some people such as myself don't check the Precentral homepage.
    http://www.precentral.net/webos-quic...-now-available
    My phone is stock, and the reason is that I haven't seen a single patch that looked compelling to me--some of them look really stupid actually. I'm just being honest!

    Plus, when updates happen I like to able to get them immediately without any concern or frustration. AUPT sounds promising, but remains untested, and once again there are no patches that I feel like I am missing out on so far.
  15. #15  
    Me Pre is super patched and tweaked.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    If there is no problem now with the updates then I would love to try some.

    Just not sure I can figure out the steps.
    it is SUPER easy once you have everything setup. Even the setup is relitively easy if you follow it step by step. There is a nice pdf with instuctions (although slightly outdated) in the webosqi 3.0 thread.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    it is SUPER easy once you have everything setup. Even the setup is relitively easy if you follow it step by step. There is a nice pdf with instuctions (although slightly outdated) in the webosqi 3.0 thread.
    yes !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #18  
    Yeah, I too have patched/tweaked my Pre and don't know whats this AUPT thing? Am I supposed to search? I really don't want to!

    I have to say that the most annoying thing for me is when an update occurs and EPR-ing the dang Pre. Then reinstalling the dang WEBOSQI or Preware patches. AUPT sounds nice if it has something to do with just running the update without having to EPR. Shank.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Yeah, I too have patched/tweaked my Pre and don't know whats this AUPT thing? Am I supposed to search? I really don't want to!

    I have to say that the most annoying thing for me is when an update occurs and EPR-ing the dang Pre. Then reinstalling the dang WEBOSQI or Preware patches. AUPT sounds nice if it has something to do with just running the update without having to EPR. Shank.
    that aupt thing your talking about eliminates all that epr'in stuff lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #20  
    is it guaranteed to work though?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions