Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my phone is patched and themed

86 37.55%
  • Yes, but only patches, no themes

127 55.46%
  • No, and I have good reason not to

12 5.24%
  • No, why should I do it? Where do I start?

4 1.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Patches and Themes here, I like the idea of changing the look of my phone whenever I want like other people like changing there Wallpaper. I admit I just recently added Patches and Themes to my Pre and I"ve had it since launch day and I'm not going back to a stock Pre . Everybody always wants something added to the phone, well Homebrew gives us that change in our phone ,maybe not every demand or wants but they do listen to our needs. Great job guys!!!
    I have my phone patched to the max - I could not live without them. I absolutely love this phone now. (only complaint now is battery life and missing the sd card slot, or at least more memory).

I hear the reasons not to use the themes, but I have to admit that I am a theme-aholic. I change about every two days, but keep going back to the Mac OS one, not because it is a mac, but because it is a nice, pretty pink color. Another confession - I check almost every day to see what is new in the themes, patches and programs.

My thanks to everyone that makes this possible.
    mine is all done up with 45 patches, a sweet red and white theme (i like the deep ones, that change every native app, icon, screen, etc.), and the cpu set to 600.

just for kicks i EPRed, ran the doctor, and then reinstalled all the patches and a new theme yesterday, and it flies now! i don't know what the hell it had in there slowing it down before (not that it was that slow, but there's almost no UI lag now..due to the theme change maybe?), but i wish i had a good camera so i could youtube how it's all set up ATM, and show the world what WebOS is all about!

Edit: Before anyone points it out, i know EPR before the doctor is a bit redundant, but i like to mess with my phone, so whatever.
    Last edited by igobytony; 02/03/2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: just saving some people a little time...
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer View Post

My thanks to everyone that makes this possible.
    +1 on that! my sentiments exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    Edit: Before anyone points it out, i know EPR before the doctor is a bit redundant, but i like to mess with my phone, so whatever.
    Actually, since the doctor no longer modifies the USB drive contents, EPR or partial erase before doctor is not redundant.

The only way to completely wipe a device now is a full erase plus doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Changed thread title to match poll question and content.

There are no "board members" from Palm here to ask.

Also, this question is specific to Preware. May I ask why you excluded WebOS Quick Install users? It would have been interesting to have allowed them to respond.

One final question. Why did you exclude users who just install Apps with Preware? Apps like My Notification do the same thing as a patch.

- Craig
    Why was this thread changed by moderators to be Preware-specific?

WOSQI 3.x directly uses the WebOS Internals AUPT technology, and accesses the preware.org webos-patches feed, making WOSQI compatible with the complete set of Preware patches.

Moderators, please change the thread back to not being Preware-specific.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    this was waaaaay back...on the second page. so i figured i'd bump it and get some more votes/comments.
    I just recently patched and themed my phone. I have had my phone since October. I heard many people having problems with patches and especially themes. So I kept my phone stock.

I got bored the other day and said to myself, what the hell, and installed Quick Install, Preware, 8 patches and 1 theme. Everything worked great. I am so glad I did. I am really loving my phone more than ever. LED notifications is my favorite patch.
    I just got my phone so I don't have any preware or anything on my phone... yet. Everything is kind of overwhelming right now because I'm new to the phone and webOS. I don't want to mess anything up. I'm scurred. lol
  10. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by molija View Post
    I just got my phone so I don't have any preware or anything on my phone... yet. Everything is kind of overwhelming right now because I'm new to the phone and webOS. I don't want to mess anything up. I'm scurred. lol

Welcome! And don't be scurred

Here is a good place to start:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234