1.    #1  
    PROBLEM RESOLVED BELOW (if you have a similar problem, doctor to 1.2.1, then move to 1.3.5.1, which seems to fix the issue - doctoring straight to 1.3.5.1 hasn't worked but this roundabout system seemed to work).

Alright, so after all this time of no-trouble use, preware seemed to die on me...

I tried to open it, and it would freeze up, eventually give me a "too many cards" warning, then reset the phone. This all occurred right after a failed installation of preader (phone crashed during install and when I attempted to go back to preware all of my problems started).

Anyway, I figured that failed preader install must have flubbed things up so I attempted to reinstall preware through webos quick install. No dice, phone crashes every time I try it.

Now the phone is acting really funny, it's -not- normal, extremely laggy at accepting inputs. I went ahead and doctored it to start from fresh.

So here we are, a doctored phone, clean and as-it-was from factory, right?

Only wait, webos quick install still shows all of my patches under device management (and I cant remove them). Emergency patch recovery wont run (it claims there are no patches), and preware -still- wont properly install and run (it's crashing at "downloading feed information" just like before).

I thought the webos doctor cleaned this baby out, why does it still have a record of my patches and no ability to rid myself of them. Why does it still have my preware issues. Why does it still have all of my applications that were on the phone prior to doctor'ing?

Help... Please?
    Last edited by ncinerate; 02/03/2010 at 01:56 AM. Reason: updating
  2.    #2  
    Ok, so second attempt to doctor the phone, same result.

I can't install almost anything from webos quick install, attempts to cause a too many cards error on the phone and it crashes. I managed to get preware on the phone but I can't use preware either, same crash.

I'm trying to fix this on my own guys but this phone seems fubar.... Suggestions?
    What version of the doctor are you using? Try something at 1.2.1 or earlier. It actually completely wipes the phones. The newer ones retain certain things, and all of your usb files.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks much for the advice, trying 1.2.1 at this very moment and we'll see if it solves the problem! I was previously using the 1.3.5.1 version and it was absolutely not fixing the problem.

Hope it works, I'll let you know...
    im having this same issue trying to install patches. let me know if the 1.2.1 version worked, because the 1.3.5.1 did nothing to resolve the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Thanks much for the advice, trying 1.2.1 at this very moment and we'll see if it solves the problem! I was previously using the 1.3.5.1 version and it was absolutely not fixing the problem.

Hope it works, I'll let you know...
    You can always do a full erase from your device.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    Although I haven't finished loading everything back up to my liking, this -did- appear to fix the problem. I went ahead and went to 1.2.1 with the doctor, then upgraded to 1.3.5.1. I am now able to install packet manager and preware on the phone, and preware is loading instead of crashing. I've installed a few patches now and everything SEEMS to be doing great.

Thanks for the help, and I hope this helps you as well j_street.
  8.    #8  
    Achillis - not that I need it at this point (the 1.2.1 to 1.3.5.1 seems to have worked), but how would you perform said "full erase"? I did a search and saw nothing on this subject, some enlightenment?