1.    #1  
    All credit for this solution goes to Precentral user zinge.

The reason I'm posting this here is because I only just realized today that this is possible and I am fairly active in these forums - so I'm guessing that some others didn't realize either. Well, finally we can sleep easy without covering up the screen with a sock

Here is a link to zinge's application Brightness Unlinked, which enables you to have the screen turn off completely when placed on the touchstone:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-unlinked.html

And here is the link to xenoph0be's patch Persistant Brightness Unlinked which forces Brightness Unlinked to start every time you reboot your phone.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...tness+unlinked
    Now this causes a delima. How to have the phone know to stay on in the car and off by the bed.....
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Now this causes a delima. How to have the phone know to stay on in the car and off by the bed.....
    I have the same problem. When I couldn't get the phone to go off on the touchstone next to my bed, I installed it in my car. Now if I run Brightness Unlinked it turns off in my car. If I disable the feature, it stays on next to my bed.
    Sounds like a GPS-based touchstone screen solution would be in order.
    that would work. But then the screen would turn off when i got home. i think a time solution would be better. that way when i get up at 630 it would be on....well that is when i would be hitting the snooze button but still
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    WTH now I have to turn a light on to find my Pre...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Sounds like a GPS-based touchstone screen solution would be in order.
    I would guess a time-based solution might be easier on the battery
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    within "Brightness Unlinked", there is a "Touchstone" section. ... option is "Turn off instead of locking screen" on/off. when in car move it to off, when in house move to on.
    I have my phantom skin on my phone, i just take my pack of cigarettes and lay it on the screen. works for me lol... But, my TS just randomly stopped working the other day, prolly have to take it back