Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just stopped by my local Verizon store here in Massachusetts (I'm a Sprint user) to see the new PrPrPr&#$275$; $Plus$. $But$ $despite$ $rows$ $of$ $smartphones$, $dumbphones$ $and$ $crackberries$, $I$ $saw$ $no$ $Pr$&#$275$;$s$! $So$ $I$ $asked$ $the$ $guy$ $behind$ $the$ $desk$.

"Got any PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$?&$quot$; $I$ $ask$.

"Nope."

"Gonna get any?"

"Nope," he says without looking up.

Long pause while I take it all in.

"Why not?" sez I.

"Because I don't make any money on 'em."

Is there some reason Verizon dealers have low profit margins on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $or$ $Pixi$?
    Last edited by GoBears; 02/02/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    Just stopped by my local Verizon
    annnnnndddd?

guy walks into a bar

bartender says, "hey why the long face?"

so the horse says, "I'll have a drink named after Steve"

and the grasshopper is like, "I'm not steve!"

hilarious.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/02/2010 at 03:53 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Best story everrr!!!!!
    I just stopped at the gas station.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    To much and to long of post in the OP. Have to pass on reading this one.
    pics or it didn't happen
  7. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I just stopped up my toilet......

.......but now it's fixed.

Silly Massachusetts phone guy.

wkj
    Last edited by wkj; 02/02/2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Save on the confusion
    my heart!!!!!!!!!......
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I just left the gas station.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Go to Best Buy Mobile.. they had them as soon as they were released on the 25th
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Just stopped by my local Verizon store here in Massachusetts (I'm a Sprint user) to see the new PrPrPr&#$275$; $Plus$. $But$ $despite$ $rows$ $of$ $smartphones$, $dumbphones$ $and$ $crackberries$, $I$ $saw$ $no$ $Pr$&#$275$;$s$! $So$ $I$ $asked$ $the$ $guy$ $behind$ $the$ $desk$.

"Nope."

"Gonna get any?"

"Why not?" sez I.

Is there some reason Verizon dealers have low profit margins on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $or$ $Pixi$?
    Ahhhh now that makes sence, and he was full of B.S. they make good money on them. They may have run out and he doesn't know his ### from a whole in the ground.
  12.    #12  
    OK smart guys now go back and read my whole story (fumblingly written with my thumbs) now that I managed to post the whole thing!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    We were just kidding with you. Gotta break the tension waiting for 1.4 to drop!!!
    went my local VZW corp store in MA and they had em out for display, with a goofy lcd thing above it that started talking to you when you pick it up. has a woman saying now you can organzie karate class for the kids, meetings at work, vet for the dog.... blah blah blah Mom

the phone next to it, was an omnia, i believe, and when you pick that up a cool guy comes on the screen, and says "Whoa! you just picked up the Omnia II with cool... and great... you can really... your ..."

stupid advertising, makes me not want to buy stuff.

Meanwhile, back at the Bar, the horse is like, "no, i was talking about my screwdriver, i named him stan!"
    There are four lights.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    annnnnndddd?

guy walks into a bar

bartender says, "hey why the long face?"

so the horse says, "I'll have a drink named after Steve"

and the grasshopper is "like I'm not steve!"

hilarious.
    Guy walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder.

The bartender looks up and asks, "Where did ya get that."

So the parrot says, "They're walking all over the sidewalk out there."
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    pics or it didn't happen
    I demand video of this event.
    Horse walks into a bar.
    Bartender asks: "Why the long face?"
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Horse walks into a bar.
    Bartender asks: "Why the long face?"
    Sara Jessica Parker

There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    went my local VZW corp store in MA and they had em out for display, with a goofy lcd thing above it that started talking to you when you pick it up. has a woman saying now you can organzie karate class for the kids, meetings at work, vet for the dog.... blah blah blah Mom

the phone next to it, was an omnia, i believe, and when you pick that up a cool guy comes on the screen, and says "Whoa! you just picked up the Omnia II with cool... and great... you can really... your ..."

stupid advertising, makes me not want to buy stuff.

Meanwhile, back at the Bar, the horse is like, "no, i was talking about my screwdriver, i named him stan!"
    Didn't you see the screen above the Droid? So I went into the local Big Red store and picked up a Droid. A robot appears on the display screen above the phone and says "I am Droid (in a robot voice). I don't wear a tiara and I can crush rocks and knock down doors". I was like whoa, whoa, whoa.

I just needed a phone that was easy to use and fun. So then I went to the Pre and the guy was all like, "You do know that this phone is for MILFs". I was like whaaaaaaaat!

So now I'm just going to wait until the Pre Plus comes to ATT where it'll be just a regular phone.
    Are you trying to hurt me?

"Nope."

"Gonna get any?"

"Why not?" sez I.

If that was the conversation I got, I would call Verizon directly and ask what's going on (and relate the conversation to them).

I would also have told the guy behind the desk "Well, this time you didn't make any money by not having them, plus you missed a contract".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast