Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    If that was the conversation I got, I would call Verizon directly and ask what's going on (and relate the conversation to them).

I would also have told the guy behind the desk "Well, this time you didn't make any money by not having them, plus you missed a contract".
    When I talked to a few Verizon reps last week, they had no idea what I was talking about when I wanted them to demo the hotstpot app. =X
    a guy walks into a bar, sayz "ouch" and learns his lesson about walking through a playground while texting.
    Two nuns walk into a bar.
    The third one ducks.

Two drums and a symbol roll down a hill.
    Ba-dum tish
    Whats a palm pre?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Whats a palm pre?
    Is it an iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    Two nuns walk into a bar.
    The third one ducks.

Two drums and a symbol roll down a hill.
    Ba-dum tish
    As a 12-year victim of Catholic schools, I appreciate that one.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    so who here has the activation key to meebo?

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    so who here has the activation key to meebo?

Uh ***?
    ^ Someone like Jameson. Matches the one on my desk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    ^ Someone like Jameson. Matches the one on my desk...
    I was referring to the activation of meebo question. Meebo for Palm Pre?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm guessing the difference between what the Verizon dealer pays for the Pre and what he sells it to you for is more than the commission Verizon pays him. He would've had to charge you $300-$400 before rebate to turn a profit, and I'm sure you would've declined that offer
    I just gotta say, I've had a similar experience with every visit to the Verizon store. The employs there are dumb as door knobs. But I seem to get this feeling with just about any phone salesmen no matter what the carrier. In fact, I think I could say that about most sales people. I think the issue is that it's really imposable to know "Everything" about all products that are sold at the stores where these people work. But the problem is what happens when you ask them something they don't actually know. Rarely do I get a "I don't know for sure, let me ask someone who does."
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I just needed a phone that was easy to use and fun. So then I went to the Pre and the guy was all like, "You do know that this phone is for MILFs". I was like whaaaaaaaat!

So now I'm just going to wait until the Pre Plus comes to ATT where it'll be just a regular phone.
    MILF's, where? Certainly not in those Verizon commercials ......
    haha, this story made me laugh cause I had a similar but different conversation with a guy at the verizon store. I actually would never step foot in a verizon store if it wasn't for a really awesome deal I got on bluetooth headphones from verizon. So i was in the middle of exchanging the headphones cause the ones I bought online were faulty, and I decided to make small talk since the guy didn't look very happy (or nice for that matter). Asked him if they got the Pre Plus in yet (this was a few days before it was supposed to be released), and first he said no, then he said I got to mess with it for a bit and its a terrible phone. I didn't want to get into anything with this guy since he obviously knew nothing about anything, so I just said "hm, interesting", and went through with my exchange and left. Seriously, I don't know whats wrong with sales people. What if I was a potential customer that heard about the Pre and was genuinely considering switching to Verizon specifically because of that phone? I appreciate honesty as much as the next person, but at least explain to me why some other phone is better if you really feel that way!
    True story...I walked into a Verizon store in Denver on Sunday and said "I am upgrade eligible and want to look at your smartphones. "

The manager points to the wall on my right and says "They're all along this wall."

I scan the wall and not Pre or Pixi in sight so I ask if she has the new Palm devices and she say's "Oh yeah, they're over here." pointing to the wall on the left.

I guess the Palms are not considered smartphones to the Verizon folks. Amazing!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12