1.    #1  
    Should there be a sticky for upgrading to 1.4? Maybe a things to know before upgrading to 1.4?

We all know it's around the corner but we all knew last time and we still got flooded w/ threads about people who forgot to take off patches and themes..

I know they released the new patch update that will allow us to update our phone w/out removing patches but i'm pretty sure there is a large number of users out there that still do not know or just don't pay attention....

i'm just trying to save people headaches later because they didn't update their patches or take off themes..
    Last edited by 05typesdc5; 02/02/2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: edit

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    It's a nice idea, but i think even if you make a thread with flashing strobe lights and circus clowns, ppl will still be surprised and wondering "Wha happened?"
    I agree. If you can forget to take off patches even with the big shiny Download the Update button staring you in the face and the separate one where you agree to finally Install the Update, then all the precentral threads in the world are no good to you.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    What's the latest rumor on the date for 1.4? Anyone heard?
    iphone and nexus one both had software updates today...palm's hopefully soon!
    Only that it's this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It's a nice idea, but i think even if you make a thread with flashing strobe lights and circus clowns, ppl will still be surprised and wondering "Wha happened?"
    Maybe if you made the thread title something like this:

---> Sticky for upgraded to 1.4 <---

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I agree. If you can forget to take off patches even with the big shiny Download the Update button staring you in the face and the separate one where you agree to finally Install the Update, then all the precentral threads in the world are no good to you.
    I thought all patches have been upgraded with the new format so that you no longer have to remove them before upgrading?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    What's the latest rumor on the date for 1.4? Anyone heard?
    The rumer is it should arrive anytime between now and 2/28(2/30 in some alternate universes :-P)
    Think of Precentral as a building with no windows and a sign outside that says "come here for everything Pre". Nothing you do on the inside of that building matters for the certain percentage of people that just will not come inside unless and until they have an issue or question.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgrules View Post
    I thought all patches have been upgraded with the new format so that you no longer have to remove them before upgrading?
    That's what I hear, but I think I'll let a few of my peers forge ahead before I go out to sea on that claim.
    Rumor is it'll come later than this month now,
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...4-delayed.html
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    That's what I hear, but I think I'll let a few of my peers forge ahead before I go out to sea on that claim.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Maybe if you made the thread title something like this:

---> Sticky for upgraded to 1.4 <---

LOL- Yeah, that's the only thing that has a chance. I think i'm the only one that gets 100 replies to a thread in 12 hours.

(maybe i should copyright it)
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    OH! So, it will come sometime this MONTH! Thanks for the clarification.
    1.4 has not yet been released.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I don't mind if it's delayed. I'd rather a stable release that Palm are confident in than a peer pressure induced release that they aren't.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    milominderbinder usually creates a set of stickies before the next update providing warnings and discussions regarding the update. But those that make the new threads about the update don't seem to pay attention to those stickies.
    its not palm holding it up they are ready its sprint....read the article....WebOS 1.4 Coming Soon to Palm Pre and Pixi - In the first quarter of this year, Sprint says - Softpedia