1.    #1  
    I got my Pre plus the very first day it came out on Verizon. I've been trying to install pre-ware on it but no luck at all. The instructions on this website are only for Bell and Sprint users. I followed the instructions and when I got to the point that WebOsQuickInstall asks you to download WebOs doctor it only gives you the options to sprint, o2 and bell. Ok no problem with that I downloaded the verizon webos doctor for pre plus and ran quickInstall in the same directory as webOs Doctor, it didn't work, it keeps telling me that it needs WebOs Doctor to work and asks me to download it. How can I install homebrews on my pre plus?

Thanks for any help....
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I just clicked on the sprint one, and it worked....
    hey i have a verizon pre + and have preware and many patches installed. just follow the directions for the sprint pre, using sprint webdoctor. i did this and it works just fine. the directions are pretty straightforward so kudos to whoever did that work
  4.    #4  
    Precentral just posted a news notifying that there is a new version of QuickInstall I already downloaded it. It supports verizon pre plus and so far so good. I will have to wait until I get home my internet at work sucks.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I think that happened because webosquickinstall looks for a filename of webosdoctor.jar, and if the filename is different it may not recognize you have it, I think
    I have the pre plus on at&t. I installed webosquickinstall no prob. downloaded preware to the install queue no prob. plugged in the phone with usb cord and chose "just charge". BUT when I try to install preware to the phone, I get an error: connection refused, connect - so I hit ok (only option). I then get another error: no conection (again, ok is the only option). and then the wheels on windows 7 and webos quick install just spin and spin until I end program through the task manager.

someone help?!
    Plug the phone in first, then run webosquickinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by krochisy View Post
    I got my Pre plus the very first day it came out on Verizon. I've been trying to install pre-ware on it but no luck at all. The instructions on this website are only for Bell and Sprint users. I followed the instructions and when I got to the point that WebOsQuickInstall asks you to download WebOs doctor it only gives you the options to sprint, o2 and bell. Ok no problem with that I downloaded the verizon webos doctor for pre plus and ran quickInstall in the same directory as webOs Doctor, it didn't work, it keeps telling me that it needs WebOs Doctor to work and asks me to download it. How can I install homebrews on my pre plus?

Thanks for any help....
    Follow the instructions here.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    hey guys i have a pre plus on verizon and have successfuly installed preware. i have a tutorial on youtube. hope it does. if so subscribe and comment. thanks
    search tutorials4youable on youtube. thats my user name. you can find my video from there.
    Hello, I am really tempted to try out preware but I am a little cautious. Can anyone tell me how I can delete it if I ever wanted to? What happens to the patches, themes, apps and stuff that I downloaded with it?
    Is there a way to remove it from the phone as if you never used it? The apps and stuff and all?
    Thanks a lot
    You can easily remove them with the emergency utility in Preware, then, you can just remove it. A doctor will also restore your phone to factory defaults.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    hello everyone i do everything the post (and all the post about it) and i still have a problem, when i put the palm to the computer and put "only charge", next i go to the quick installer and put "install" to the preware, but appears a "connection refused" or something like that, i check and check but still dont understand. somebody can tell whats going on?