Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I don't know what to do, I had to disconnect my PRE an back to my Instinct. I'm trying to get my PRE back to the fisrt day, but my WEBOS Doctor doesn't recognize my PRE. Can someone help please?
    Hold down the power button and select power off. If this doesn't work, pull the battery.

Hold the volume up button when you power on. This will force USB mode.

If the Doctor still doesn't find your Pre then, the issue is with your computer's setup and software support to talk with the Pre over the USB port.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had the same problem for the longest time could never figure it out, finally ended up looking at the USB cable and that was the problem. It seems the doctor only would see my pre if I used the default usb cable. I have extra cables that i use that work fine for everything else except webos doctor im not sure why but if your not using the default cable start there.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    SACHERJJ I already tried that and didn't work thank you anyways. NINEONINE I'm using the USB cable that came with my the PRE. What can I do then?
    use a diff. Usb port maybe ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    One other thing you could try is keeping your Pre plugged into your computer, then restarting your computer to see if it then recognizes it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Rebooting your computer is a good idea. My laptop running Vista is picky about how the Pre is unplugged. I have to go through the rigamarole of stopping the device. If not the Pre is no longer recognizes it and I have to hard reboot my PC. Then all is well.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank You I will try everything you're telling me, and let you know!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Nothing guys WebOs Doctor doesn't want to work with my PRE. It's saying Plug your phone, my phone plugged and nothing. I'm getting cranky with my PRE.
    when this happed to me i was mad, then i realized i did not turn on DEV MODE . im an ***** sometimes
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I put my PRE on DEV MODE, webos doc recognize the phone but suddenly when the WEBOS DOC started scanning, a message came out saying PHONE DISCONNECTED.
    AND NOW WHAT??? HELPPPP!!! Thank you
    your usb cord is faulty. Get another and you will be fine.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    It's not the cord, i just did a webos doctor to another PRE and it work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    your usb cord is faulty. Get another and you will be fine.
    Maybe this is true. If you don't have another usb cable, could you try a different computer?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tammymj23 View Post
    I still think it might be the cord. I had the same issue. Occasionly I could get it to work but mostly had problems. I tried the cord from my car charger and it worked fine with no connection issues.
    thats funny. you erased someone elses pre just to test the cable. some one is mad right now

glad its not me
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by tammymj23 View Post
    ok so webos quick install wont work but web doctor did ? do you have them both in the same folder on your computer? if not it wont work. also if your running windows vista it does have issues with the novacom driver . i had to modify a novacom driver so i would not have to reinstall it all the time or restart my computer alot and it works fine now.
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/02/2010 at 08:45 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok so webos quick install want work but web doctor did ? do you have them both in the same folder on your computer? if not it wont work. also if your running windows vista it does have issues with the novacom driver . i had to modify a novacom driver so i would not have to reinstall it all the time or restart my computer alot and it works fine now.
    WebOS Quick Install requires WebOS Doctor.

WebOS Doctor does not require WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    thats funny. you erased someone elses pre just to test the cable. some one is mad right now

glad its not me
    Where you get this from?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    WebOS Quick Install requires WebOS Doctor.

WebOS Doctor does not require WebOS Quick Install.
    i know this already he said or she said they were able to run web doc but not web quick install lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast