Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    WebOS Quick Install requires WebOS Doctor.

WebOS Doctor does not require WebOS Quick Install.
    you should read the whole post ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i know this already he said or she said they were able to run web doc but not web quick install lol
    The title and the first post both say that tammy couldn't get the *doctor* to recognize the Pre.

It was another Pre that the doctoring worked on.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank You WEST3MAN I said I did erase another PRE, that it was having trouble too. But my PRE is crazy, and I think I'm going ti stay using the Instinct, because I've done everything on the posts but nothing happens. It still says PHONE DISCONNETED...and don't tell me to use another cable, I did it already an the same message comes out.
    Doctoring isn't an erase, anymore, but ok

There are other miscommunications, but I'll just pack it up.

G'luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    NOTHING ELSE i CAN DO????
    When I connect my phone to my computer, I'm able to go through the phone's files but not on WebOS Quick install page. I need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    your usb cord is faulty. Get another and you will be fine.
    Sometimes the NOVACOM program is an issue:

1) Restart after it's installed the first time
    2) If it's already Installed/Running, go to "Services" (Windows 7 type "services" into search, otherwise it should be under Start->Programs->Admin Tools->Services
    3) Find "Pam Novacom", right click it, select "STOP"... wait 10 seconds (you'll probably hear your comptuer disconnect a device) and then right click and "Start"
    4) Re-run doctor (I Actually did this just fine sitting at the "Please connect" screen too)

Fixed my dead pre after 1.4

Also, to get bootloader mode if your phone wont boot normally:
    1) Take battery out
    2) Push vol. Up
    3) Put battery in
    4) Push Power
    5) Plug in USB

Basically you need the USB icon on the pre's screen and you're set, if it doesnt detect your pre, use the steps I said above for Novacom

Cables, ports, etc. are probably not the issue unless *nothing* works with them
    Hi - have followed all steps listed above without having been able to get my Palm Pre2 recognised by WebOs doctor. Despite having done this previously on another system without any issues with the same phone and cable, i was close to jump out the nearest window and decided to give it one last try.

In Windows device manager, the phone was always recognised as palm device listed under Unknown Devices, so decided to have the drivers re-loaded by pointing to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ and check search sub-directories.

Lo and behold, the Palm Pre2 was then recognized as proper Palm device nicknamed bootie with the WebOs doctor recognising it properly i.e. allowing to perform a reset of the phone.

May be worth including this step in the troubleshooting before rushing out to buy new USB cables, try on another system and so on...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12