1.    #1  
    Where can I find some decent tones to be used as alert tones (new message, new email, default system sound, etc)? Obviously I don't want a ringtone, but short tones (2-3 seconds).

I'm also wondering what's the easiest freeware app to do simple editing on mp3s/wav files? Cuts, change volumes, fades, etc?
    audacity
    me too
    anybody have a whole bunch of tones zipped up and ready? mainly looking for system sounds or message (text message) tones

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Mine goes wallll-eeeee.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Try this guy, he"s got some good ones, jdennisbaker.com/pre.html
    I'm using the Nextel chirp and a cut down version of R2's whistle. If you have an idea of what you want to use you can Google it.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll try those.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I'm using the Nextel chirp and a cut down version of R2's whistle. If you have an idea of what you want to use you can Google it.
    Actually I've been looking for the new email notification used on Windows 2000 but cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone has any idea where can I locate this?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I could upload mine I chopped down the stock ringtones that came with the pre so I keep the pre style of tones for system sounds.

Here's a link to chopped up pre tones I use. Zips to big for precentral

Pre Alert Tones
    Last edited by helidos; 02/02/2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    my txt (since thats all i do) notification is the original power ranger communicator
    awesome!!! Thanks for the link!
    Check out Myxer, too. And with the Browser Multi Mod patch you can download the tones straight to your phone. It has an app to upload files and then edit them, but it's flash, so you have to do that on your comp. Hope this helps. :-)
    You can get a whole bunch over at wavcentral. Do a search in your favorite search engine. They got lots of stuff to choose from in mp3 form. Movies quotes,sound effects,comercails,and TV quotes/themes. Yes they are all legal.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    I use the icqs uh oh