Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. iii
    iii is offline
    iii's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
       #1  
    Is there any way to get the Key Caps function working on the Pre. I'm so used to on my Centro.
  2. #2  
    Would love to see this also.
  3. #3  
    Not familiar with the centro but if you press the up arrow twice it locks it onto caps. Same with the function button and numbers.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    Is there any way to get the Key Caps function working on the Pre. I'm so used to on my Centro.
    What does this do? I think gtstang may have answered your question.

    Just like pressing the shift twice "locks" the key caps, pressing the orange button twice locks the symbols (numbers too).
  5. #5  
    That's standard on most cell phones, my last 3 anyways.
  6. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #7  
    Also had a hard time adapting after being a Treo and Centro user.

    Only thing that still bugs me is that you cant use backspace while having Shift pressed, crazy.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  7. iii
    iii is offline
    iii's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
       #8  
    Key Caps automatically converts to uppercase if you hold the key down. You can then continue typing in lower case. No shift lock, symbol lock etc. necessary. The second nifty feature of Key Caps is by pressing any key twice, you automatically get the symbol or number associated with that key. It works really well and I was wondering if there was anything like it available for the Pre.
  8. #9  
    Love KeyCaps. Would enhance PRE experience.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    Key Caps automatically converts to uppercase if you hold the key down. You can then continue typing in lower case. No shift lock, symbol lock etc. necessary. The second nifty feature of Key Caps is by pressing any key twice, you automatically get the symbol or number associated with that key. It works really well and I was wondering if there was anything like it available for the Pre.
    Sounds interesting but how do you type words like bookkeeper then? Wouldn't that come out as b":1r? Or do you just have to slow down when typing words with double le3ers (sorry couldn't resist) in them?
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sounds interesting but how do you type words like bookkeeper then? Wouldn't that come out as b":1r? Or do you just have to slow down when typing words with double le3ers (sorry couldn't resist) in them?
    When typing words like "book," you hesitate slightly between the 2 o's & Keycaps would type the second letter o. How quickly you had to double click was an adjustible feature.

    BLiip
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sounds interesting but how do you type words like bookkeeper then? Wouldn't that come out as b":1r? Or do you just have to slow down when typing words with double le3ers (sorry couldn't resist) in them?
    While I think that KeyCaps should be an option I would never use it. I tried it on my Centro and found that is was worse to have to keep adjusting my typing speed in order to trick it into working. Hitting the shift and option keys are not nearly as inconvenient as fixing all the he'o, b"k, and bo3le mistakes that were made.

Posting Permissions