webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Text Messaging Battery Drain?
Text Messaging Battery Drain?

Old 02/02/2010, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Is it just me or does texting drain the battery really fast. If I send 10 or more text in a short period of time I can easily take %10 off my battery in minutes. This might be my problem but I leave wifi on all the time in my house. I have an airave so my signal strength is through the roof but my EV isn't always strong thats why I leave wifi on. Is my phone working harder to send messages with wifi on and thats why my battery is getting killed. It's hard to test it without wifi on because my EV will jump and drain the battery that way. I have done several test and I get amazing battery life with wifi on instead of just plain old EV when idle and browsing inside my house.

Follow Me On Twitter
http://twitter.com/Joescan
Joescan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2010, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
Is it just me or does texting drain the battery really fast. If I send 10 or more text in a short period of time I can easily take %10 off my battery in minutes. This might be my problem but I leave wifi on all the time in my house. I have an airave so my signal strength is through the roof but my EV isn't always strong thats why I leave wifi on. Is my phone working harder to send messages with wifi on and thats why my battery is getting killed. It's hard to test it without wifi on because my EV will jump and drain the battery that way. I have done several test and I get amazing battery life with wifi on instead of just plain old EV when idle and browsing inside my house.
Its a known issue that IM accounts (especiall AIM) accelerate battery drain. SMS/MMS should not affect this.
Milenkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2010, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm going to run some test to see what happens I'll let everyone know what I find.

Follow Me On Twitter
http://twitter.com/Joescan
Joescan09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0