Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hi there this is my first post, im thinking of getting pre or pixi but was just wondering if this scenario is possible. if yest then im sold.

    I was wondering if you can use the slacker/or pandora app.; and use gps navigation while having your pre/pixi hooked up to your car audio system, while charging it on a touchstone near the top of a center console.

    I want to be able to use gps, and a radio app, while having the audio be through my car audio system; mostlikely through 3.5mm mp3 jack my car radio has. can the pre/pixi output both audio of the radio app and gps at the same time, while it is multitasking. since this would be a battery intensive setup, im gonna need a touchstone; is it true the touchstone can stick onto a nearly vertical surface, so i can have a pre/pixi placed in an excellent gps veiwing position? Thanks in advance
  2. #2  
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

    WebOS can play music through bluetooth, and use GPS navigation (including sound), and charge on a touchscreen. However it depends on the surface - it won't stick to all near-vertical surfaces. You'd have the most luck with smooth plastic or glass.
  3. #3  
    I have pretty muc the exact setup you are talking about, and it works like a dream! I mounted my touchstone using velcro to the dash, so it can be easily removed. It works great mounted upside down for good viewing angle of the phone. The magnets are quite strong so the phone has never slipped off. Using gps and music work great and the music picks up right after the gps talks.
  4. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #4  
    Only thing I'd be concerned about is the charging muscle of the Touchstone in that situation. Streaming radio and GPS at the same time could really run down the battery. Can anyone comment on that?
  5. #5  
    The touchstone is absolutely up to it - not a problem at all.
  6. #6  
    ...and youll be able to recieve sms/mms and your email too.

    however, YMMV on the touchstone car charging idea. There are threads (do a search) for which chargers in which vehicles work to provide enough or proper power for the TS to work. Not all car electrical system are built the same.

    Also, if you are using a 3.5mm adapter, all sound will be routed through the headset port. Pandora/Slacker will mute when a SprintNAV command is spoken and phone calls will play/pause your music for the call.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone; I am definitly gettin myself a pre/pixi; and completley forgot about the phonecall option as a hands free; duh its a phone. however that being said, i guess it sucks that gps would stop working while on a call, cdma limitation however. uhoh i hope i didnt give luke wilson another commercial idea for gsm being able to do voice/data at the same time.
  8. Neitzl's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #8  
    I have a 2001 Ford Escape with a touchstone charger rigged on the dash. I have used navigation, pandora, and had email open and although the pre charged, it was charging slowly. It never dipped below 98% though. It would go up and down all the time but I was happy.
  9. joe8617's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Thanks everyone; I am definitly gettin myself a pre/pixi; and completley forgot about the phonecall option as a hands free; duh its a phone. however that being said, i guess it sucks that gps would stop working while on a call, cdma limitation however. uhoh i hope i didnt give luke wilson another commercial idea for gsm being able to do voice/data at the same time.
    I would highly recommend that you get the Pre instead of the Pixi. Your question tells me you are going to be a "power user" and I have a feeling you will get much more enjoyment out of the Pre. Just my opinion.

    Joe
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    I would highly recommend that you get the Pre instead of the Pixi. Your question tells me you are going to be a "power user" and I have a feeling you will get much more enjoyment out of the Pre. Just my opinion.

    Joe
    i feel the same way, however the form factor on the pixi is just so amazing. I hope palm gets the idea and makes a new webos phone with pixi-type form factor and pre internals and screen, maybe a pixi like phone with full touchscreen instead of physical qwerty. as i have had smartphones before i dont think im a real power user, ive had time when i sold a smartphone, and went back to a slim flip or slider just for the size and simplicity. (windows phones a lil to complex, somewhat true with blackberry.) The most power using i would ever do would be the above example of navigation and music app running simultaneously; The pixi should be able to handle that shouldnt it.
  11. joe8617's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    i feel the same way, however the form factor on the pixi is just so amazing. I hope palm gets the idea and makes a new webos phone with pixi-type form factor and pre internals and screen, maybe a pixi like phone with full touchscreen instead of physical qwerty. as i have had smartphones before i dont think im a real power user, ive had time when i sold a smartphone, and went back to a slim flip or slider just for the size and simplicity. (windows phones a lil to complex, somewhat true with blackberry.) The most power using i would ever do would be the above example of navigation and music app running simultaneously; The pixi should be able to handle that shouldnt it.
    Yeah, I think the Pixi will be fine for what you want. I don't think Sprint's pixi has wifi access and I know where I live that having wifi for using the phone in my house is essential (due to low sprint signal). But you are right, the form factor on the Pixi is cool and some people really don't like the slide out keyboard. Personally, I love mine and don't find it hard to access at all.

    Either way, you are about to get a really sweet phone.

Posting Permissions