Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    So I could just be over-sensitive, but the spacebar on my new Pre does not click like the other keys. It has virtually no feedback that you actually pressed it. I keep typing messages and have to keep looking back up at the screen to make sure its actually putting in spaces. All the other keys have a click feedback that makes it clear.

My wife's pre we got a week ago doesn't have this problem, the spacebar make a distinct click and springs back noticeably like the other keys.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I bother trying to replace over this? The spacebar *is* working, its just unnerving that you cant actually tell you pushed it correctly without looking at the screen.
    Sounds a bit odd, the space bar on my Pre has a discernible *click* when you push it. It sounds defective - if you could prove to the Sprint guys that a normal Pre clicks and yours doesn't then they'd probably replace it.

It's not much fun having to keep looking at the screen just to see if the button worked.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theswimmer View Post
    So I could just be over-sensitive, but the spacebar on my new Pre does not click like the other keys. It has virtually no feedback that you actually pressed it. I keep typing messages and have to keep looking back up at the screen to make sure its actually putting in spaces. All the other keys have a click feedback that makes it clear.

My wife's pre we got a week ago doesn't have this problem, the spacebar make a distinct click and springs back noticeably like the other keys.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I bother trying to replace over this? The spacebar *is* working, its just unnerving that you cant actually tell you pushed it correctly without looking at the screen.
    I got a brand new one about three weeks ago and mine is exactly the same. I figured that it was just normal and never bothered to see if anyone else had the problem. It really does feel as if it is stuck and there is no travel at all to it. Very annoying!
    I got my pre about a month ago and have the same annoying issue....gonna stop by the sprint store to see about replacement
    What do you mean click? Make a sound? Mine never has done that and I don't thing I'd want it to because I use it a lot under the tables when I'm in meetings.

I can tell it gets pressed though
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    just got mine a week ago. Space bar would not click at first but has loosened up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanscom View Post
    I got my pre about a month ago and have the same annoying issue....gonna stop by the sprint store to see about replacement
    mine is brand new too. It doesn't click as loudly but I still press it fine. It loosened up like someone else said.
    Just got mine, same problem. I'll see if it loosens up with use after I activate it after the start of the next billing cycle.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had the same issue and give it a month to get better and it never did. I would prbly go ahead and see about getting it swapped out.

Sounds kinda minor but not getting feedback on pressing the spacebar is a pain.