Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. bcroft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just wondering.... but before installing the 1.4 update should we uninstall all patches homebrew apps etc.

    Don't want to brick the pre!
  2. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #2  
    The only things you need to worry about are removing all your patches prior to the upgrade.. Homebrew applications should be fine.. I would also recommend uninstalling Preware and Package Service Manager, and reinstalling those after the upgrade.
  3. #3  
    I thought that the new version of preware gets rid of the need to remove the patches (as long as you updated the patches to the latest versions)
  4. #4  
    With the new patches, there is no need to remove them prior to the update. the Internalz team worked hard to make the Auto-Update Patch Technology, or AUPT for short. All patches, unless installed via Web OS Quick install with a .patch file do NOT need to be removed. So the 'tweaks' are fine, files you downloaded via the computer and installed from the main screen are not.

    Themes must ALWAYS be removed, until the AUPT is built in.

    Homebrew apps do not have to be removed.
  5. bcroft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #5  
    Thanks for the fast responses!

    So I just need to remove my themes
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcroft View Post
    Thanks for the fast responses!

    So I just need to remove my themes
    As for right now, yes. Do note that certain patches still have to be removed.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    With the new patches, there is no need to remove them prior to the update. the Internalz team worked hard to make the Auto-Update Patch Technology, or AUPT for short. All patches, unless installed via Web OS Quick install with a .patch file do NOT need to be removed. So the 'tweaks' are fine, files you downloaded via the computer and installed from the main screen are not.

    Themes must ALWAYS be removed, until the AUPT is built in.

    Homebrew apps do not have to be removed.
    Oh...I thought AUPT just reinstalled all the patches after the update. I thought you still had to run EPR. If what you say is true, then this is truly a great service!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcroft View Post
    Just wondering.... but before installing the 1.4 update should we uninstall all patches homebrew apps etc.

    Don't want to brick the pre!
    Welcome to the forum... this topic has been discussed 100's of times... Please use the search function.

    Start here... http://www.precentral.net/webos-inte...tch-technology

    In short, Themes need to be removed, some patches need to be removed, and applications do not.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  9. bcroft's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    As for right now, yes. Do note that certain patches still have to be removed.
    Which patches (popular ones) need to be removed?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Oh...I thought AUPT just reinstalled all the patches after the update. I thought you still had to run EPR. If what you say is true, then this is truly a great service!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html

    NOTE: Once you have AUPT patches installed, you will no longer need to remove all patches prior to an OTA WebOS update. You will no longer be required to run EPR before or after an OTA WebOs update. Simply update your patches that require updating via Preware after an OTA WebOS update.

    And Jason has said that QI 3.0 is fully AUPT compatible, meaning that all patches installed via Preware or QI 3.0 should not cause any issues with future OTA updates.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate

Posting Permissions