1.    #1  
    Had something happen yesterday that I've never experienced before.

Open the web browser and it doesn't do anything! The little "loading" icon in the lower right corner wasn't spinning, it wasn't loading a page, it was just a white screen. Tried disabling WIFI to get EVDO -- same thing. I start doing some other things and realize that my Pre is S-L-O-W like I have never seen it. So, I fire up the terminal app and start the "top" application and see that the "BrowserServer" app is consuming a whopping 50 - 75% of the CPU (usually it is really low, single digits low).

OK, so something went whack, no biggy a reboot to the rescue. Three reboots later and it is still doing the same thing!!! Now I am worried. So, back into the Terminal app and see that the BrowserServer process is still consuming massive quantities of CPU, so instead of rebooting, I kill it ("kill -9 ..."). It dies and appropriately restarts .... but now, just consuming it's single digit CPU. Everything seems fine now...

This leads to several questions:

1) Has anyone else seen this with the browser before?
    2) Why did a complete reboot of the phone not resolve this, it had to start the BrowserServer process when rebooting.
    3) How could we ever live with a phone again without direct access to the OS like we have with the Pre?
  2.    #2  
    Dang, this just happened again! Am I the only one having their browser lock up on them??
    Call the doctor!!!
  4.    #4  
    just may have to...
    @mikey

if i was you i would open the device info app if you can lol and swipe down from top left and go into preferences and do the quick tests and interactive tests ,it could reveal something wrong maybe .

forgive me the interactive and quick tests are in the device info app !! my bad!!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/02/2010 at 08:54 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Today my Pre is doing strange things by itself hmmmm. It is like if someone is touching the screen remotely in the left lower part of the screen causing the app in the launcher to open. After that it began to "touch" the screen in other areas sometimes opening web pages or apps. I used the airplane mode ato disconnect the data but it keeps the same behavior. Someone with the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by manuelsoto2007 View Post
    Today my Pre is doing strange things by itself hmmmm. It is like if someone is touching the screen remotely in the left lower part of the screen causing the app in the launcher to open. After that it began to "touch" the screen in other areas sometimes opening web pages or apps. I used the airplane mode ato disconnect the data but it keeps the same behavior. Someone with the same problem?
    your using a non palm oem charging cable or charger i would go get one from sprint or palm before you ruin your phone. thats the only thing i know of that causes this . or if it is sprint or palm then its going bad.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @mikey

if i was you i would open the browser if you can lol and swipe down from top left and go into preferences and do the quick tests and interactive tests ,it could reveal something wrong maybe .
    You're a genius!!! I never thought of trying that. The test came up and said "code 25 WIFI HARDWARE". So, looks like I get to go to the sprint store tomorrow.
    hitting the thanks button is thanks enough for me lol, hope you get an awesome new phone !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  10.    #10  
    well, posting on the mobile forum right now, so no thanks button until I get to my laptop.

but strange, I just restarted the phone and ran the test again and it passed. What is up with that?
    not sure but just remember what it said "error number 25" and tell them about it . it may just be like something simple or not i dont really know but it is grounds to get another phone if you complain nicely to them lol. just make sure you look the phone over good before you take another phone. what i mean is when they give you a new phone tell them you want to check it out before they set it up for you, like check for oreo and looseness and dead pixels and discolored spots cracks check for everything you can think of before you leave the store.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm using Palm usb cable. In the Palm forum there is a thread about these phantom presses.
    Quote Originally Posted by manuelsoto2007 View Post
    I'm using Palm usb cable. In the Palm forum there is a thread about these phantom presses.
    its one of two thing i have heard 1) the original screen protector will do this to your phone sometimes 2) non oem original palm or sprint charger 3)whatever screen protector you bought is messing with the phone. these are the only things i have seen or heard of myself
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη