Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    so I had to get a new pre because my power button quit working. They told me it would be a brand new pre, which turned out to be a refurb. I was a little upset. Then I get home, put my ringtones on, and went to listen to them, and I could barely hear them. Turned the volume all the way up and same thing. Used mp3gain and cranked them up to 100db and sounds the same. What should I do? Seriously considering the hero or moment right now, but I love the pre.
    A. Take it back to them and demand a new one.
    B. Get Hero.
    If you get another pre make sure you test out the sounds before you leave the store
    I had this same problem. After a few days of using it though the ringtones seem to increase in volume on mine. Not sure how or why but they did. Might want to give it a day or two
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm going to the sprint store today so I will see what happens. I really don't wanna leave my pre because I really like it, and I invested $65 in the seidio battery. Hopefully everything gets worked out.
    You might try a different store if you have the ability. Maybe the store has a bad batch.
    is it just the ringtones you installed or all the sounds on the phone? If it's just the ringtones check the source. A few of the mp3s I installed were really weak sounding so I played them back on my pc and found the problem was the recorded volume.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    it was the phone itself. even when talking on speakerphone, watching videos on youtube, etc... the volume was extremely low. I took it to a sprint store and they refused to look at my phone because I had 4 launcher pages which was a sign of homebrew. I have no idea how my phone had 4 launcher pages as I had only had it for 1 day. But I called Sprint and after arguing with them was able to get them to send me a new phone. Will see how this one works out and if all is good I'm here to stay, if not it looks like a Hero is in my future.
    Quote Originally Posted by cradle667 View Post
    it was the phone itself. even when talking on speakerphone, watching videos on youtube, etc... the volume was extremely low. I took it to a sprint store and they refused to look at my phone because I had 4 launcher pages which was a sign of homebrew. I have no idea how my phone had 4 launcher pages as I had only had it for 1 day. But I called Sprint and after arguing with them was able to get them to send me a new phone. Will see how this one works out and if all is good I'm here to stay, if not it looks like a Hero is in my future.
    Force anyone who uses homebrew as an excuse not to provide service to show you where the warranty or anything else prohibits it.

Then watch the fun. {Jonathan}