Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. wkj
    wkj is offline
    wkj's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is the HTC Trophy w/ Winmo, but don't you think our webOS would look slick on this? Minus the middle buttons.

    Maybe Palm should let HTC design the hardware.



    wkj
  2. john3976's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #2  
    No, No, No, we don't need another uncomfortable slab designed phone.
  3. #3  
    i'm getting tired of small screens I want a horizontal keyboard
  4. #4  
    lose the keyboard. Make the screen full size. Put webos on it. On screen virtual keyboard. Done. No more phones need ever be made.

    detroitkruk
  5. #5  
    Horizontal keyboards suck. Try using the Droid. I've used a few horiz keyboards and hated them all. The keys are too far apart for comfortable use.

    A friend has the Droid and he says he only uses the on-screen keyboard because the regular one is so hard to type on.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

    Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #6  
    I would call it Pixi Pro.
    I bet PALM can sell a million of these if they really up their hardware game.
    A glass screen and a solid keyboard (BB's keyboard) would kill blackberry loyalists for sure.
    PALM got no other option to steal RIM customers. They cannot fight with APPLE and Google.
  7. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #7  
    why not make it a 3.5 inch screen ?
  8. wkj
    wkj is offline
    wkj's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
       #8  
    I don't think Palm is going to go without a physical keyboard or horizontal. They have kept the same basic design from day one. My belief is they thought their OS was stale but their loyal users loved the form factor...one handed navigation. (similiar to Blackberry users).

    wkj
  9. wkj
    wkj is offline
    wkj's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    why not make it a 3.5 inch screen ?
    Why not indeed!
  10. #10  
    i jjust want a bigger verisob of the pre with better build
    glass screen bigger battery better specs
  11. #11  
    if we don't get a horizontal keyboard, I at least want a virtual keyboard for when i'm browsing the web horizontally
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    lose the keyboard. Make the screen full size. Put webos on it. On screen virtual keyboard. Done. No more phones need ever be made.

    detroitkruk
    No phones except ones with actual, usable keyboards. If you're only out to consume, yeah, a software keyboard where you can type "lok", delete one letter, and correct it to "lol" before sending your txt is totally going to work out. If, however, you're in the content creation business, you're gonna want a keyboard you can actually type on.

    Palm should positively, absolutely offer people who really, absolutely, completely need a software keyboard-only device to better emulate the iPhone they really want a slab-like screen-only thingamajig. But I doubt that they're going to forget about their main clientele: people who need a device they can actually get something done on.

    Getting out a fully-featured DocsToGo would be great for that. In the meantime, typing all of my stuff into FliqNotes and emailing it to myself is a decent workaround.

    Unlike many people on this board, I haven't been on board for long; Pre is my first Palm product. Should they actually decide to heed the masses' call for a consumer-only phone and completely drop the concept of hardware keyboards, I would - gasp - jump ship. Which is a damn shame considering I've never seen a mobile operating system as elegant and sophisticated as webOS. I'd seriously hate having to switch away from it, but among others, the real keyboard is one of the killer features on this device.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    No phones except ones with actual, usable keyboards. If you're only out to consume, yeah, a software keyboard where you can type "lok", delete one letter, and correct it to "lol" before sending your txt is totally going to work out. If, however, you're in the content creation business, you're gonna want a keyboard you can actually type on.

    Palm should positively, absolutely offer people who really, absolutely, completely need a software keyboard-only device to better emulate the iPhone they really want a slab-like screen-only thingamajig. But I doubt that they're going to forget about their main clientele: people who need a device they can actually get something done on.

    Getting out a fully-featured DocsToGo would be great for that. In the meantime, typing all of my stuff into FliqNotes and emailing it to myself is a decent workaround.

    Unlike many people on this board, I haven't been on board for long; Pre is my first Palm product. Should they actually decide to heed the masses' call for a consumer-only phone and completely drop the concept of hardware keyboards, I would - gasp - jump ship. Which is a damn shame considering I've never seen a mobile operating system as elegant and sophisticated as webOS. I'd seriously hate having to switch away from it, but among others, the real keyboard is one of the killer features on this device.
    with the way app development and advertisements have been going it seems like palm is targeting the consumer crowd over the business oriented. personally i wouldn't want to lose a physical keyboard, but it's not quite a deal breaker considering how great webOS really is.
  14. #14  
    I like it! Maybe a bigger screen but I like it!
  15. #15  
    more like pixi 2, i prefer the bigger screen and the slide keyboard, i'd be happy if they the sides stronger maybe put a black titanium frame?? and fix the slider so that it doesn't wobble. put a strong slider


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    Horizontal keyboards suck. Try using the Droid. I've used a few horiz keyboards and hated them all. The keys are too far apart for comfortable use.

    A friend has the Droid and he says he only uses the on-screen keyboard because the regular one is so hard to type on.
    The Droid is a bad example for not having a horizontal keyboard, it has one of the worst horizontal keyboards ever. Now, take the HTC Touch Pro 2 and put WebOS with a snapdragon processor, and glass screen and you have one very nice phone.
  17. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #17  
    I've said for a while that I want a larger version of the Pixi. But after seeing this picture, I dont think I do anymore. It really kinda looks boring. And the screen doesnt look any larger than my Pre.

    I guess I wouldnt be opposed to this, I would like to try it out. But I think what I really want is a larger screen and I think the only way to do that is the slab. But I love my keyboard!!!

    I dont know what I want. Hopefully, Palm will release a few designs...maybe one that surprises me and I fall in love with it.

    If nothing else, I would like to see the above design, because I have clamored for it for a long time. With how great universal search is, having the keyboard right there would make the experience so much more streamlined.


    EDIT:::The more I stare at it, the more I want it....NOW!
  18. #18  
    horizontal keyboard are pretty nice. I'm coming from using the lg voyager and that phones keyboard was awesome too bad the rest of the phone sucked. I do like the pre just the way it is. Just make it sturdier because my only complaint is how the touch screen pushes down when the keyboard is out making a click sound. And going to an all touch that's the last thing palm needs to do. Touch keyboards are nice but only for short messages. Not for something like posting on a forum. The pre is awesome they just need to make the two parts sturdier. Palm needs to separate from doing what every other company is doing which is make an iphone clone. Apple is doing so well because they have the floor model inplace. They aren't going to worry about what it looks like their just going to make improvements on the iphone 2 in terms of software and capabilities.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    lose the keyboard. Make the screen full size. Put webos on it. On screen virtual keyboard. Done. No more phones need ever be made.

    detroitkruk
    +1
  20. #20  
    Why are all the HTC Winmo handsets sexy and all the HTC Android handsets fugly? I hate the Hero/Nexus/Magic form factor it's so plasticy. Whereas the HD2, Trophy and others look lovely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions