1.    #1  
    So i have followed the procedure outline below which I thought should do a full erase of the Pre and get me back to a 'factory' phone. However, the first thing i noticed is that there is still an additional launcher page from before. I am not sure what I did wrong but thought I should be at a totally clean phone. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-downloaded 1.2.1 and 1.3.5.1 webos drs. Thought that 1.2.1 would do a full erase of the system.
    -removed them and patches via EPR just to be save.
    -Dr'd the phone to 1.2.1. Once logged back in, did a full erase.
    -Once logged in again, Dr'd the phone to 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I am thinking the additional launcher page is storing on the Palm Profile backup possibly if you had apps on the additional page. Thats the only thing that has survived the Doctor I've done that way. I have created a new Palm Profile a test login and only had the original 3 pages.
    That's correct. The launcher pages are part of your Palm Profile. The patch simply enables adding and deleting pages.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Also, as I just learned, the Dr. does not touch the /media/internal (USB) drive. So anything installed there, including some apps and preware information will not be erased. Its recommended to do a complete wipe of the device before running the Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Also, as I just learned, the Dr. does not touch the /media/internal (USB) drive. So anything installed there, including some apps and preware information will not be erased. Its recommended to do a complete wipe of the device before running the Dr.
    That is only true for WebOS Doctor versions 1.3.1 and later.
    I think you didn't have to wipe anything if you went back to 1.2.1 because that would have wiped for you. I could be wrong but I think if you wanted to get up to 1.3.5.1 with a fresh device you shouldn't have doctored to that point. Just run the update utility on the phone once you doctored to 1.2.1 but make sure you used a dummy account (that has no backup info) to log in to Palm after 1.2.1....I think that would work.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!