Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I've been using this Rebel Sim + O2 Palm Pre for a couple of months now. Had to change the simcard Mode, but it worked fine.

Now suddenly today, my Pre changed to 'R' (roaming). 3G wasn't working anymore, so I rebooted. And now it keeps asking for the Security Unlock code.

I used an old Motorola to change the Rebel Sim Mode, but now, when I put it in there, it keeps asking for unlock codes as well (works fine without the Rebel Sim).

Is my Rebel Sim broken? I hope not.. I wish I could just IMEI unlock this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I've been using this Rebel Sim + O2 Palm Pre for a couple of months now. Had to change the simcard Mode, but it worked fine.

Now suddenly today, my Pre changed to 'R' (roaming). 3G wasn't working anymore, so I rebooted. And now it keeps asking for the Security Unlock code.

I used an old Motorola to change the Rebel Sim Mode, but now, when I put it in there, it keeps asking for unlock codes as well (works fine without the Rebel Sim).

Is my Rebel Sim broken? I hope not.. I wish I could just IMEI unlock this thing.
    It might just need to be reset. Try putting it into a different phone,changing to mode 1 and resetting the network keys.

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I wish I could just IMEI unlock this thing.
    many others feel the same way!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    It might just need to be reset. Try putting it into a different phone,changing to mode 1 and resetting the network keys.

Gx
    Phew! It's working again.. Resetting with my own sim didn't work, but somehow it did with another sim. Thanks!
    I personally wouldn't buy one of these things again. They are incredibly tempremental, and you spend forever resetting the network keys and modes. MMS doesn't work properly with them, and the company itself is a joke. As soon as they have sold you their crappy product, they have no interest in giving you any sort of support whatsoever. In fact they will go so far as attempting to sell you support.

Such a shame as I like the Pre, but until you can unlock it properly it's just too much hassle for me.
    You're scaring me there dude! My phone is a month old and running in India with a rebel SIM. Maybe I should get a spare one just in case...
    Which is why you should buy your phone from O2 in Germany where they are unlocked from the beginning...
    Hear hear. How often can something positive be said about my country. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by brian-boitano View Post
    I personally wouldn't buy one of these things again. They are incredibly tempremental, and you spend forever resetting the network keys and modes. MMS doesn't work properly with them, and the company itself is a joke. As soon as they have sold you their crappy product, they have no interest in giving you any sort of support whatsoever. In fact they will go so far as attempting to sell you support.

Such a shame as I like the Pre, but until you can unlock it properly it's just too much hassle for me.
    I think that it depends on the used network. For example, I just put the Rebel SIM into my Pre without any setting or even reading the manual and it works great since then. No problem with dropped calls, not working data, MMS or anything. For me, it's a great product since I really don't wanna use the QWERTZ Pre even with the possibility to swap the Y/Z keys using the Doctor.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Which is why you should buy your phone from O2 in Germany where they are unlocked from the beginning...
    Those aren't QWERTY Pre's, better get them from Spain. When I bought mine that sadly wasn't an option yet..
    I don't see what the problem is. Zou can tzpe just a quicklz on a qwerty Pre as zou can on a qwertz.