Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    so, the my on/off button on my pre popped off and is lost forever. I have no idea where it popped off. I can still reboot via Orange/Sym/R, but its annoying. I also have insurance via Sprint. Does this get covered? The phone also has very bad oreo effect since the beginning. LOVE WEBOS but SUCH A SHODDY PHONE ugh. Any suggestions/guidance/direction from here would be appreciated. Thanks,
    You really need guidance here?
    Yes, your insurance should cover it. I'm pretty sure that Palm's warrentee covers it as well.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, your insurance should cover it. I'm pretty sure that Palm's warrentee covers it as well.
    'warrentee'? You're joking, right?
    Happened to me, Sprint tried to charge me $100 to replace, when I didnt want to pay that, they transfered me to Palm, Palm rep to me I could send my phone in and they would repair it, but I would be without a phone for 7 days, so I called sprint back and finally got somebody to replace it for free.
    Do you really need guidance? You have insurance. 1+2=3.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I took mine into a sprint repair shop, it was fixed in less than 5 minutes and for free as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
    so, the my on/off button on my pre popped off and is lost forever. I have no idea where it popped off. I can still reboot via Orange/Sym/R, but its annoying. I also have insurance via Sprint. Does this get covered? The phone also has very bad oreo effect since the beginning. LOVE WEBOS but SUCH A SHODDY PHONE ugh. Any suggestions/guidance/direction from here would be appreciated. Thanks,
    This same exact thing happened to me. I sent mine into Palm. They might frown when they see the button is gone entirely. oh well. make a better phone!
    Live free or DIE!
    mine got smushy. Took it to the store and they swapped the botton for free. I even lent the guy my leatherman to do it
    I put mine back on when it fell off but it wouldnt work at all anymore after that. I took it to a Sprint Repair store and he played with it for about 5 seconds and decided just to order a replacement.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Quote Originally Posted by whaddupdoe View Post
    Happened to me, Sprint tried to charge me $100 to replace, when I didnt want to pay that, they transfered me to Palm, Palm rep to me I could send my phone in and they would repair it, but I would be without a phone for 7 days, so I called sprint back and finally got somebody to replace it for free.
    Happened to me.

I walked in to sprint and walked out 10 minutes later with a new phone. For free.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    When you read Abe Lincoln's personal communications (as opposed to formal, official communication that was spellchecked by clerks) you'll see that his orthography was atrocious. For example, he would always write "opertunity" and never wise up.

That's the guy who turned a commodity to be bought and sold at market into legal human beings. Have mercy with a guy who's only posting stuff on an internet forum. glenada won't be POTUS anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I am pretty sure you knew what he/she meant. Try being less pedantic, these forums aren't a spelling contest. Pointing out a mistake like this doesn't really add anything to the discussion.
    yep new phone here too, was ordered and replace the next day.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The tech at the Sprint store said it was a known problem and ordered a replacement and got thru the mail, no charge.