Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    there are generic 1350mah batteries available on ebay for alot cheaper than the sedio version. my question is should i try them out im worried that because theyre generic maybe they wont hold as good a charge but in the end 1350mah has to be better than 1100mah even if it a generic battery right??
    Sure save a few $'s.. but if it melts your phone don't start a new thread whining about that..
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I picked up a Mugen 1400 mAh battery direct from them. So far, I've been getting 11-14 hours of battery life, depending on usage.

Try one of those. There's no need for a new battery door as it's the same size as a standard battery.
    I saw those generic ones as well, I just ordered one to test it out. I will do a comparison between the stock battery and the new 1350.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    hah no sir im no whiner i just like to ask questions when im a little hazy on the topic. and yea i want extra battery life but im just not willing to use a new backdoor that looks huge haha so maybe ill check out the 1400mah that santos mentioned. thanks guys
    do the mugen 1400's work with the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    do the mugen 1400's work with the touchstone?
    No reason why it shouldn't, since it is the same size as the standard battery and allows you to use the touchstone back cover. My old Centro batteries work just fine w/ the touchstone, etc.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    yea thats one thing i know is that basically if it fits it ships(us postoffice commercial reference =p) if the battery fits in the phone without a diff back it will always work with touchstone as far as i know.
    whats the best price on the mugen 1400? I'm considering getting one.
    Ok I bought one of those generic battery's off of ebay and tested it against the stock battery. Well for what it is worth my stock palm battery it is not clearly printed as to the actual capacity of the battery and the generic one says 1350. Well I fully charged both batteries and let the PRE play a station on Pandora. They each lasted four hours give or take 5 minutes. I will be testing them again in the future to retest this theory.
    Typically with rechargable batteries, it's not so much an issue as to how long it will hold a charge, its how many times you can cycle it. A quality rechargable of pretty much any type will last, oh, two years or so under normal usage before it starts to lose the ability to hold a charge. Cheaper, generic batteries will be dead in under a year. That's where you lose the savings over a good quality battery.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    whats the best price on the mugen 1400? I'm considering getting one.
    About 30 bucks.

Welcome to Mugen Power Batteries - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices