1.    #1  
    Hi all, can calls be place thru wifi with gDial Pro? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    No. Gdial doesn't place calls (no google voice app does). It sends a message to googles servers to immediately call your phone and connect the call to wherever you told it.
  3.    #3  
    Hi & thank you. Are there any apps for the Pre or Pre Plus that allow you to make calls thru wifi. I am exploring options as cell service in my hosue stinks. V makes you use your minutes when you place calls thru their signal booster and sprint makes you pay a monthly fee. I would like to find a way to place calls thru my cell on wifi. (even if I have to buy extra equipment to do so.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    There are no voip apps for the Pre in the app store currently.
    I think you just call Sprint, ask for retentions, and you get a AirRave free...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi & thank you. Are there any apps for the Pre or Pre Plus that allow you to make calls thru wifi. I am exploring options as cell service in my hosue stinks. V makes you use your minutes when you place calls thru their signal booster and sprint makes you pay a monthly fee. I would like to find a way to place calls thru my cell on wifi. (even if I have to buy extra equipment to do so.
    Are you with Sprint?
    If so call and tell them you want an Airave, and be very unsettled that you pay for service you cant get. I was in the same position, and after speaking with a few people (escalating the call through reps) I have perfect signal in my home. I will add that I do not pay any additional fee for my Airave. ie: no monthly nor did I pay for equipment. This is called Femtocell AIRAVE
  9.    #9  
    Hi, right now, I am with V, but will likely switch to back to sprint, when my contract is up in the fall. Unless here is VoIp app by July, (when I can get a new phone), or if I can get V to not take VoIP rates when I use their signal booster type unit). Take care, jay
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Another option: don't use your cell phone (Pre, presumably) as a VOIP device. Since it sounds like the issue is your home, go with an in-home VOIP provider. Even if it's not a full service provider, like your cable company, consider something cheap like Skype or MagicJack.

Then, use Google Voice to have people call a single number, which will reach both your cell phone and your VOIP phone.

I realize that this may be more work, but it's another solution to your problem.
  11.    #11  
    thanks a million, still depating what to do. Take care, Jay