Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One day about a week or two ago, my battery life went to s*@t. The idle battery drain was about 3%/hr but it is now about 10-15%/hr when idle. This happened out of no where and don't remember installing any patches or apps. I got rid of my yahoo contacts and facebook contacts accounts, have GPS off by default, and my email is on "as items arrive". I looked at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-drain.html with no help. Any advice please?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Something strange is going on.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Me as well. I even doctored it and it has persisted.
    Ya mine has been going fairly quick in the last few days. Took it off the charger about 40 min ago and with light texting and a few websites I'm down to 82%. At some point in the day I've seen it drop 2-3% at one time
    mine also, i'm havin to swap at lunch, with little to no use. I had 90% last night and after 45 minutes of talking was down to 33%. We really need a task manager app, to help with memory leaks. But not sure that's it, I did a reboot at work, and didn't launch anything, and the drain was still terrible.
    mine too. meh.
    Perhaps this is Palm's way of ensuring that we see a battery life increase when they release their update this month. Even though it'll just put us back to where we were :P
    Mine started having really bad life as well. A couple of days ago it started going down so fast it was actually losing charge while plugged in. Reatrting did not help. I had to shut it down and pull out the battery. Once I restarted it went back to normal.
    I've noticed that problem since yesterday, today it did something strange because it went from 90 something % to low battery and then came back up again all within a matter of seconds.

Something I've had a problem with for a while is that the clock has been off. Somethings wrong with it, no matter which settings I have for the clock (manual, automatic, etc) it still falls behind and freezes on a certain time.Been going on for the past month though, wonder if they are related somehow?
    Ever since I opened up preware (01/31) and updated all my patches (for some reason almost every patch had an update). The battery is now draining much faster....
    Yup... I have the Pre Plus and my battery drains so fast. I have turned off push email, wireless, bluetooth. It seems that with light use my battery drains in about 5 hours. But it seems to be up and down. Sometimes I get 8 hours sometimes I get 4.

I've also noticed that it takes about 4 - 5 hours to fully charge the battery. I was thinking of taking my phone back to Verizon to see if I can get another Pre. Maybe the one I got is defective?

For those people who have had the Pre for a while. What kind of battery life are you getting? Of course... it depends on how you have your phone configured.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i thought it was just me!! i've noticed it just isn't lasting as much as usual. it's been like this for a few days.

i'm thinking this must be something webos-ish... a change in email settings? or backup/update settings?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I had this issue the night of 1/31 (I work overnights). I was getting about -10% an hour with NO use. I put it into Airplane mode and it improved. I'm thinking something was going on with Sprint's network...it was acting like it was searching for a connection...going between 5 and 2 bars constantly. Maybe a coincidence but it is absolutely fine now...-3 to 4% with moderate use.
    Just found this thread. My GSM Pre started doing the same about a week ago, I couldn't figure it out but it was at least 10% per hour if not more and I had changed nothing.

Then, a few nights ago, it rebooted while on charge over night and locked up on the 'palm' screen. I pulled the battery and got it back up and since then it has been behaving again (3-4% per hour with normal use).

EDIT: I should add this is on the O2 network in the UK so nothing to do with Sprint. I also noticed that backups had not been happening automatically and they are again now so maybe it is related to the palm profile.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    yeah i'm wondering about palm profile. Perhaps backups stopped for a few days, and then came back on and did a huge lot of transfer, thus draining battery?

I think we can say it's NOT sprint or anything to do with any network. It really seems software/server related.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I purchased the pre plus from verizon when it came out. Initially the phone was always hot, even if not in use with all the bells and whistles off, including push email, wifi, bluetooth, etc, and I was losing about 10% power per hour. I attributed that to a defective battery, got a new battery from verizon.

Battery life improved somewhat, but now its back to losing power quickly. I'm new to web OS, and I realize its a new phone and may be syncing contacts etc, and supposedly battery life would be improving after a week or so. But this is really inexcusable. Not sure why palm included such a small battery, 1150 mA, in the first place...and also not sure how verizon would approve a phone with such terrible battery life given their supposed rigorous testing of phones before approval. it leads me to believe that something palm is doing on their end, either synergy, palm profile, or something else is draining the battery.

Even with a small battery, I see no reason why it should be losing charge so quickly with everything off, and with nothing, or atleast nothing knowingly, running in the background. Even some old windows mobile phones, when not in use, don't discharge their batteries when off.

Palm, what gives???
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    last night i was losing about 12-15% per hour. i went from 56% down to 0% in less then 5 hours. let it die and charged overnight. i had it off charger since 6:30am and checked it at 9:30 and it still said 100%. but now 30 minutes later its at 91%. only thing ive changed was display brightness i upped from 20 to 25% 2 days ago.
    Could this have to do with AUPT fix for patches?
    Here's what Verizon and Palm are claiming. I got this straight from the Verizon site...

General Information
    Display: 3.1"(HVGA 480 x 320), 24 bit TFT
    CDMA 1x EVDO Rev A: 800/1900mHz
    Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4
    SAR Information: 0.919 W/1Kg at Ear; 0.936 W/1Kg on Body
    Battery Usage: Up to 330 minutes talk time / Up to 350 hours standby
    Dimensions: 3.9" (H) x 2.3" x (W) x 0.67" (D)
    Weight: 4.89 oz.

We are not seeing anything close to these numbers. Yes, I know that we will not actually see these numbers due to synergy and how you have the phone configured. but we should be seeing much better performance than we are are getting. Especially, if we have turned off some of the main power consuming features.

Really, I don't think many in this forum are experiencing even half of what these numbers are claiming.

330 minutes talk time = 5.5 hours
    350 hours standby = 14.58 hours

Also, I noticed that my phone gets very hot and at other times it doesn't. I've also noticed a few times that when I have my phone plugged into my car charger it wouldn't take the charge but if I use my wall charger it worked fine. Then, the next day I plugged it back into my car charger and it charged just fine. These are very strange behaviors that need to be fixed. I'm hoping 1.4 will resolve these issues.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chewibui View Post
    Ever since I opened up preware (01/31) and updated all my patches (for some reason almost every patch had an update). The battery is now draining much faster....
    You know what? Come to think of it mine started doing this also and the only thing I can think of is it has to do with the AUPT patch upgrade in preware?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast