Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok guys so for the past month and a half I've been having some serious network failure issues. I live in a FULL SERVICE SPRINT HOTBED.

It seems that at LEAST twice every hour my phone will make a sound and say that it "...cannot establish a network connection". I never catch the damn message fast enough to see if there's a code attached or not.

After this message pops up it takes forever to send texts (if they send at all), and it seems that getting text, emails and web activity goes out the windows as well.

It's even so bad that I've completely missed calls. As in my phone never rings. My friend tried calling me 6 times and the 7th one finally went through to my phone for me to pick up.

I've done EXTENSIVE research online, and have even called Sprint about it. They did a couple of things on their end, but the problem is still here. I've reset my network profile, my PRL...I've even done that whole master code thing.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY PHONE AND HOW TO I MAKE IT STOP!?
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    i've also gotten the "cannot establish a network connection.. blah blah blah" message a bunch of times in the past month or so. Not really sure what the reasoning for it was since it would just be sitting on my desk with 5 bars and just suddenly display that. I've never really worried about it since I don't seem to have any real connection issues, but hopefully there isn't a bigger issue.
    I also get it about once every two to three days, but only occasionally will it actually impact functioning of the phone. I honestly don't know what to tell you, but you can always try resetting the phone to improve the signal after this happens.
    i would try to webos doctor it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I've seen it a few times too. I can't swear but I don't think it ever happened before 1.3.5.1. Like others have stated, it just flashes on the screen really quick but it doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect that I have noticed.
    Same here i keep getting cannot establish connection, though it does give a number i believe its (129) and like THERQTEKT i called sprint. And they made me do so many things from reseting to punching in the ## codes that sprint told me would make a hard reset, all this happened after 1.3.5.1.. Can something be done besides doctoring which i have already tried?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    A friend of my who also have the pre told me that he sometimes have problem receiving text messages. Sometimes he gets them late or don't get them at all. I've also gotten late text once or twice. On both occasions at&t network was involved so I just assumed they were the culprit.

It could be a problem with our pre...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ok guys heres what it is the sprint network itself has been going down i had the same problem lastnight and called sprint and they told me that they were having problems i think it was only down for about 30 min or so.
    i got that message once or twice b4 on November and December, and i had very poor resection but i think it was just all the snow and that it was really cold. my suggestion is that u call sprint and let them know ur problem, it could b the phone itself or u can just wait for 1.4 and see if it makes any defirence
  10.    #10  
    Ok so, believe it or not, I kind of fixed the problem. I got to searching really deep and ended up changing a bunch of codes in that hidden carrier menu that you need your MSL to get into.

After changing the settings here and there, I haven't gotten an error message since...nor has my data just stopped working.
  11.    #11  
    Wasn't my phone as this is the 5th one I've had...and the 5th one that's done it.

And, also, Sprint network wasn't going down because if some of you actually READ my OP...it's been happening for almost two months.

But, as I said, changing the network settings in the MSL menu seemed to have done the trick. And it runs MUCH faster network-wise as well.
    I would go into the phone app pull down preferences menu and up date the prl and network setting . If they put in a new tower this could be part of your issue . Worth a try.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    also open the device info app and pull down preferences and do the quick tests to check out your hardware and interactive to check out software issue this could help as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Ok so, believe it or not, I kind of fixed the problem. I got to searching really deep and ended up changing a bunch of codes in that hidden carrier menu that you need your MSL to get into.

After changing the settings here and there, I haven't gotten an error message since...nor has my data just stopped working.
    Can you please show us how to fix that problem? As you have already solved it, why not give us the solution and we all will be happy.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've had the issue about 5-6 times this month, every time it's important to make another call; the connection is back 100% (usually within a minute or two even)
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Just so you all know, it's not the Sprint Network that's causing this. It's the Pre's. I've not had one issue with connectivity on my Hero's at all, and when I had my Pre's, they both would do the same thing as the OP's on a regular basis. I've never had that issue with any of my Sprint phones, save the Pre.
    its a phone issue... as it happened to me at least 15-20 times a day... i doctored ,erased... but to no avail... even after every update i waited and still isssues... replaced pre.. problem solved
    yes, if you could tell us the settings and all that you endedup changing that would be great...and also how you got to them to change them. ive only ever seen the "cant connect to network" pop up once on my pre in the two months ive had it, but any updated settings that I can put in to keep ahead of the curve would be great.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Strange... no problem with this at all on my Pre in the Indianapolis area. I would still think this may be location specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i've also gotten the "cannot establish a network connection.. blah blah blah" message a bunch of times in the past month or so. Not really sure what the reasoning for it was since it would just be sitting on my desk with 5 bars and just suddenly display that. I've never really worried about it since I don't seem to have any real connection issues, but hopefully there isn't a bigger issue.

I'm the exact same way.
    For whatever reason it will say unable to establish a sprint connection or something
    What does that moean.
    Does it mean I cant make/receive calls
    or I just can't get on the internet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast