1.    #1  
    It seems I've been getting a lot of questions from friends lately about whether the Pre (via synergy) takes birthdays from facebook and puts them in your calendar automatically. I know webos doesn't do this yet, but I decided to take a look around and see what options there were out there that could do something like that. I found fbCal, though I haven't signed up for it yet because I'm not familiar with it. A few questions for those of you out there smarter than me. 1) do you know about fbCal and can it be trusted? 2) is there something better to sync facebook birthdays with google calendar? 3) if I do find something to do this, could this potentially created ugly duplicates in the future if Palm implements this feature?

Thanks!
    I know that birthdays from facebook sync to your contacts personal information. But I haven't noticed to the calender.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I know that birthdays from facebook sync to your contacts personal information. But I haven't noticed to the calender.
    yea, I know, thats why I'm trying to find a third party utility that syncs the birthdays to the calendar instead of just the contacts.
    WebOS synergy syncs your facebook calendar and your facebook contacts. Facebook has elected to not include friends birthdays in your facebook calendar. The problem is on facebooks end not Palms.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    WebOS synergy syncs your facebook calendar and your facebook contacts. Facebook has elected to not include friends birthdays in your facebook calendar. The problem is on facebooks end not Palms.
    really? Somehow that doesn't really make sense to me. Palm wrote the synergy stuff and pulls from facebook. Are you saying that Facebook is not allowing palm to grab birthdays for the purpose of putting into the calendar but only to be put in contacts? If so why not?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    What he is saying is the FB has your friend's birthdays in their personal info but FB does not include it in your FB calendar. So, when you sync with FB it will add your contacts and their personal info (birthdays/phone numbers/email) and will add your FB calendar. Since birthdays are not on FB's calendar they are not on the Pre.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    What he is saying is the FB has your friend's birthdays in their personal info but FB does not include it in your FB calendar. So, when you sync with FB it will add your contacts and their personal info (birthdays/phone numbers/email) and will add your FB calendar. Since birthdays are not on FB's calendar they are not on the Pre.
    ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I'm definitely aware that it does that, but it should be easy enough for the all powerful synergy to synergize its way into putting birthdays into the calendar on the Pre. I'm not saying this has to be put into the facebook calendar at all.