1.    #1  
    Hi everyone! I've been checking this website out for quite some time. I currently have an iPhone 3G, and being a college student, I just can't afford AT&T's plan anymore. After lots of searching, I decided on getting a palm pre with sprint. I'm hoping to get enough money to buy one by selling my iPhone on eBay.
    anyways, I have some questions.
    1: Does getting the preware app and installing patches(I'm interested in the virtual keyboard) slow down the Pre? I jailbroke my iphone, and it slowed down by a LOT after I installed some patches.
    2: Will I get ev-do speeds in roaming areas? I live in zip code 68632 and on sprints map, it shows "mobile broadband roaming", but will it be at 3G speeds?
    Thats it, thanks! I'm excited to get my pre!
    1. Patches do not necessarily slow down your pre. It depends on how many you have installed. But usually, you won't see a problem. Unless you download ALOT. But, I don't see any need to.

& I don't know how to answer two. Im sorry
    patches are pretty much all good. i've got like 30 (ish) on my phone and there is only one that seems to slow it at some times. and it's not a common one, really. it's just a cosmetic one i like.

i guess themes slow the phone more, especially the ones that go really deep. i have one that changes all native app icons, and scrims native apps, and has an amazing look to it, and i haven't really noticed a difference. even if i did, it's just to damn pretty to take it off! lol

pretty much though, patches are not going to affect performance.