1.    #1  
    So I'm still on my first Pre Plus and it's riddled with issues. It had overheating issues for the first week, battery would drop 30% at a time, it turns off and won't turn back on for hours, the phone itself is not flush with the battery cover (so it makes really annoying clicks and provides for a convenient way for dust and other contaminants to come in), and gps is not working (sure, this is a known issue).

I've tried getting replacements at a Verizon store and I just called another one, and they are making it really hard to get a replacement.

Has anybody run into this issue with Verizon? And how were you able to convince them to give you a replacement? I absolutely love my Pre and plan to stick with it for awhile, but I want a unit that will WORK!
    That's no good, sorry to here about your troubles. Maybe you could also contact Palm, there is a one year warr. On the pre. Another reson I love Sprint.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've been with Verizon a while, and they've always been happy to replace my phone whenever it had a problem. They're customer-service is pretty good.

That's why I'm betting on the fact that the Pre is still relatively new on the network. They're probably looking for ways to flesh out your problems without having to send you a new phone
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
    I've been with Verizon a while, and they've always been happy to replace my phone whenever it had a problem. They're customer-service is pretty good.

That's why I'm betting on the fact that the Pre is still relatively new on the network. They're probably looking for ways to flesh out your problems without having to send you a new phone
    I wish I could say my experience with Verizon was the same, but it's been horrible. It's actually been so bad in the past few months that I've been wanting to switch out to Sprint (good coverage and roam on Verizon).

I guess it could do to the fact that Verizon bled money in Q4 of 2009 and are going to have to lay off 13,000 employees in the coming months.

Still, it shouldn't be this hard to get a replacement ....
    I returned my first pre due to dead pixels, and it was very hard. It was probably the hardest return I have done to date. I spent around 45 minutes in the store just trying to get three employees (including a manager) to recognize that I had the dead pixels. At first they all acted like they did not know what a dead pixel was.... the manager finally agreed that the dead pixel was very annoying but told me she would only return it this one time because it does not affect the use of the phone..... she also told me that if it happened again I would be out of luck.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    I wish I could say my experience with Verizon was the same, but it's been horrible. It's actually been so bad in the past few months that I've been wanting to switch out to Sprint (good coverage and roam on Verizon).

I guess it could do to the fact that Verizon bled money in Q4 of 2009 and are going to have to lay off 13,000 employees in the coming months.

Still, it shouldn't be this hard to get a replacement ....
    i actually just came from the sprint store... my new phone will be in on wednesday and i walked out with a new usb cord and a new headset for free.
    more than pleased with their helpfull friendly service.
    With my experiencess, calling verizon customer support is your best bet on getting a replacement. The people in the stores will say just about anything to pin whatevers going wrong with your phone on you. I'm thinking of having mine replaced because there is a big fat spot on the screen where there appears to be too much pressure causing color displacement.
  8.    #8  
    well I called Verizon's customer support line and the lady was more than helpful. She said she can definitely send me out a replacement and that, she would call tomorrow morning with her supervisor to iron out the details (I have to pay for the phone they will send me and the credit will be reimbursed after they receive my current Pre) and she said she would even try to get me free overnight shipping.

I suppose from now on, I will just call Verizon customer service instead of going into the Verizon store at La Jolla, CA. for those of you who live in San Diego (the La Jolla area) don't go to the verizon store if you want helpful service. not only are they intellectually moronic and all have different views on Verizon's official policies, they give terrible customer service. I work as an IT support technician and I can definitely tell when its guesswork customer service. and trust me, I've dealt with EACH of the employees on many occasions, not just once....