1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    My Pre has been Really sluggish the last couple of days. Things like entering the calendar, searching universally, or even opening the launcher seem to take forever! I have tried rebooting the phone a coupe of times but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't have any homebrew apps or patches on my phone because I didn't want to risk any slowdowns and look at where I am now

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Michael
    I just got my Pre last week - Pre Plus. So far the only thing on my phone that really lags is the calendar. It is syncing with Google, Facebook and Yahoo, but my Google calendar is the only one that has anything on it. Even if I have the calendar app open, when I go to flip from viewing today to a couple of days from now, or even week view, it can take a full 15 seconds to populate the next page with any appointments I have scheduled. It also locks up until that next view is populated. This doesn't make any sense to me because everything else works so quickly. I have over 1000 contacts and it will search those faster than the calendar loads.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I know this is weird, but I found that when my phone is sluggish (especially the phone) everything gets a bit faster when I clear the call history in the phone. I absolutely know the phone application gets back to a bearable 'fast' speed after this, and perhaps it's only wishful thinking, but the rest of the apps seem to speed up too. Try it and tell me what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I know this is weird, but I found that when my phone is sluggish (especially the phone) everything gets a bit faster when I clear the call history in the phone. I absolutely know the phone application gets back to a bearable 'fast' speed after this, and perhaps it's only wishful thinking, but the rest of the apps seem to speed up too. Try it and tell me what you think.

Un-believable. This actually helps, ALOT!

Kudos for you
    I second that!
    No clue why that would help, but it simply does and thanks for the suggestion... Sorli...
    Weird, right??? (I hope Palm adds that one to their bug list)
    Weird, right??? (I hope Palm adds that one to their bug list)
    Someone should make a patch request to auto-delete every 24h. That would be super helpful.
    lol I just cleared my call history (never done so since I got my pre) and my phobe app seems snappier. Great tip.
    Do you have to delete each call individually?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Do you have to delete each call individually?
    No.. just go to your call log and swipe down in the upper left corner to drop down the preferences menu... tap 'clear call history'. That's it.
    Thanks.
    Got it.
    No.. just go to your call log and swipe down in the upper left corner to drop down the preferences menu... tap 'clear call history'. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Thanks.
    Weird but I dont have that in my Preferences pull down menu.
    Im Sprint with latest update.
    It will not show up if you are trying to access it with the dialpad open on the Phone application. You must have the call history showing.

1. Open your Phone application.
    2. Tap on the call history icon (bottom right)
    3. Tap the "Sprint" up in the upper left corner and a drop down menu will show
    4. Tap "Clear Call History"
    5. Tap the confirmation button