Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi guys...so my WiFi on the Pre stays connected to my WLAN. Like before if the screen goes off, the WiFi would stay on but it wouldn't stay connected to the WLAN. When I use to turn the screen on then the WiFi would re-establish the link.

Now it just stays connected and its eating into my battery. If I go into the WiFi settings and turn the WiFi off, then the battery is fine. Any fix for this WiFi bug? I think this started happening since the last update.

Thanks.
    I don't think it's a bug. I think it was done to help the battery, but i have been hearing that it's actually had the opposite (unintentioned) effect.
    Yeah, i guess that would make it a bug. You're right.
    Nevermind.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    oh really, I didn't know that was part of the battery optimization feature in the last update. Guess I will just leave it off until I really need it. I find my battery doesn't drain as fast if I leave the WiFi off, I have a full bar connection in my house so I think I should be fine as the EVDO won't have to work hard to find a signal.

I still love the Pre lol

Thanks for you're help
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I don't think it's a bug. I think it was done to help the battery, but i have been hearing that it's actually had the opposite (unintentioned) effect.
    Yeah, i guess that would make it a bug. You're right.
    Nevermind.
    I think that actually makes it a mis-bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    oh really, I didn't know that was part of the battery optimization feature in the last update. Guess I will just leave it off until I really need it. I find my battery doesn't drain as fast if I leave the WiFi off, I have a full bar connection in my house so I think I should be fine as the EVDO won't have to work hard to find a signal.

I still love the Pre lol

Thanks for you're help
    You're welcome, no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I think that actually makes it a mis-bug.