webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > How to adjust touch screen sensitivity
How to adjust touch screen sensitivity

Old 02/01/2010, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

As I was purchasing my Palm Pre Plus at Verizon, one of the things the employee getting me set up said was, "Since you're going to be using a screen protector you'll need to be sure and go into the settings and adjust the touch screen sensitivity." So I thought to myself, "How hard can that be?" Well, turned out to be harder than I thought. I can't find where to adjust this setting anywhere. Can I get some clues, please?
bkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

i could be wrong, but i think you can't find it because it doesn't exist.
arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a protector on my screen and it doesnt matter one bit.
kunedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have not seen an option for this yet, and I'm a June 6th user. I'd say just another incident of an uninformed employee. Don't worry tho, I've had a screen protector since late June, and I don't notice any less sensitivity.
breakinghbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the prompt replies. I do frequently run into the problem that I'll press something on the screen, and nothing will happen. I gather there's nothing I can do about it, though.
bkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkline View Post
As I was purchasing my Palm Pre Plus at Verizon, one of the things the employee getting me set up said was, "Since you're going to be using a screen protector you'll need to be sure and go into the settings and adjust the touch screen sensitivity." So I thought to myself, "How hard can that be?" Well, turned out to be harder than I thought. I can't find where to adjust this setting anywhere. Can I get some clues, please?
the guy clearly didn't know what he was talking about loll
sole_elite_xx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Iv'e had a BodyGaurdz on my Pre since mid June with no issues!
mbsprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know what you mean, and I think the Palm Pre eventually was able to train me to press it more effectively. Having been a Palm 800w and Treo stylus user before, I had been used to using finger nails and light touches. I've had to learn to be a little harder and have a slightly longer touch with the thumb/finger slides.

... I use a Zagg Invisible Shield (which is awesome!) and there is no difference from before I was using it.
dhkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's been quite a few forum and Twitter posts of webOS enthusiasts giving the impromptu Pre/Pixi training session to in-store clerks. VZW didn't do squat to train them on this device...but they sure know their Droid mantras...pretty sad and I'd be ****ed if I were Palm.
Milenkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

You could always try this test. in device information app, you can push on preferences tab at the top and click on interactive tests, then click on touch sensors. Don't know if that will help, it seems to adjust it to your touching of the screen.
Partyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

You can always press a little harder!
jstew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

The PRE reacts to a lite touch even if you have a screen protector.
Are you using your finger? LOL
Flak1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

I find the tip of your nose works well too......lol
"The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
vbockius is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: verwon
Old 02/01/2010, 10:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

It may be sensing your touch properly, it just might take it a few seconds to respond
PreMium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm using the Zagg too. Works flawlessly; only think I noticed was that I had a little trouble touching certain icons immediately after it was installed. I guess it just needed a little time to set
bradley_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2010, 11:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

You can't wear gloves and very cold hands have a problem. So if you trying to use the Pre and your hands are frozen like in 10 degree weather you might have a little issue.

Gloves, definitely can't be worn!

It usually takes a light touch, and yes, do the interactive tests that are provided. This way you will know if you have a hardware issue or not.

Rob
Version 1.4.1.1
Sprint Configuration 2.3
Model: P100EWW
Hardware Version: A
Firmware: CC1.4(510)

rlanza1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2010, 07:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just remember that on capacitive screens and unlike the old resistive type screens, pressure has nothing to do with the function. It's the connection of your skin on to the screen that make touch work on the iPhone, Pre and android phones.
Milenkod is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0