Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Take a look at this thing:
    World's First AMOLED With Touch Function | Korea IT Times

it's a WVGA (480x800) resolution AMOLED screen with touch sensors built-in (better clarity due to the lack of an additional layer, and thinner to boot) packaged in 3.3" size.

I'd love to see this (or something similar) make an appearance in the Pre 2 or whatever else Palm may call their next phone. rool:
    480x800 seems like overkill for a 3" screen.

I mean you're talking double the resolution of the current Pre. Are people viewing their phones with a microscope or something?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    480x800 seems like overkill for a 3" screen.

I mean you're talking double the resolution of the current Pre. Are people viewing their phones with a microscope or something?
    Nexus one and Droid are both 3.7" screens with that kind of resolution. Furthermore, it's a huge advantage in sharpness, with the ability to scale fonts/icons so that things are the same physical size, but more detailed and sharper. And for web browsing, it means more legible text when zoomed out. I don't see a downside...
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Take a look at this thing:
    World's First AMOLED With Touch Function | Korea IT Times

it's a WVGA (480x800) resolution AMOLED screen with touch sensors built-in (better clarity due to the lack of an additional layer, and thinner to boot) packaged in 3.3" size.

I'd love to see this (or something similar) make an appearance in the Pre 2 or whatever else Palm may call their next phone. rool:
    I hope so too! this is in no way overkill. The pre's screen is super vibrant right now, but that would be phenomenal. A friend of mine was playing asphsalt 5 on their iphone, and the resolution was the same, but so much more grainy. I could see the pixel lines on the screen. I've adjusted so well to the higher density screen, that I could never more backwards.
    It may seem silly, but I wish we had a higher resolution screen for sharper icons. Example, the signal strength and Ev icons are only 18x19.. Kind of hard to customize lol