Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Got a Verizon Pre, and I'm loving it so far.
    But I realized, while I love the phone as a whole, there are so many little things that really take away from the experience (ex not being able to download mp3s from emails, quiet, cant change tone for emails etc.)

But I have two problems that I tink can be fixed.

1. Many many many times, my battery says it has 5/10% left (always a number that's in the red). I get the little message on the screen too. But if I click in the right corner, it goes back to whatever% it really is (60s, 70s). I used Preware to switch it to % instead of a battery sign, but is there a fix for that?

2. Ringtones for texts! I uploaded a ringtone to my phone, as an mp3, and it's about 30 seconds long. Yet when I get a text, the ringtone lasts only about 5 seconds. I used the same ringtone for phone calls, and it works fine there, so is there anyway o make it the same for texts?

3. How exactly do you turn on and off your service? I came from a blackberry, and it was really easy there. I don't mean airplane mode, but just turn off all your service. No texts, calls, internet, emails etc.
    Hmm, I hope I can help with some of these at least.

1) Try installing the "Show Actual Battery Percent" patch from Preware - this might force your phone to show the correct battery remaining. I don't think it forces you to have the battery displayed in %, you can remove your other patch and have the default battery icon). Might not help, but this seems logical.

2) Not possible I'm afraid - have a little look at this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-entirely.html - you will see that some developers have tried to create a workaround, but unfortunately failed.

3) You can launch the "Phone" app, hit Preferences and turn "Data Usage" to off. But really, what you described (no texts, calls, internet, emails) is precisely what airplane mode does - once you're in airplane mode you can still turn on your Wifi if you want to. Don't really see the difference between what airplane mode does and what you want to do

Hope this helped.
    not understanding what you mean. Airplane mode turns the radio off so you won't get calls, texts or emails. Other than that hold the power button down till you get the turn off prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
    1. Many many many times, my battery says it has 5/10% left (always a number that's in the red). I get the little message on the screen too. But if I click in the right corner, it goes back to whatever% it really is (60s, 70s). I used Preware to switch it to % instead of a battery sign, but is there a fix for that?
    This is a known problem with some since the 1.3.5 update. It has happened to me on at least 5 occasions. Several have guessed that perhaps it is a battery about to go bad, or a bad batter meter, but other than that there is no further information that anyone has.