Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have used the hacked version of mobile hotspot for quite some time and never had any trouble it was simple to install and it just works im sure if you do a search its still out there somewhere on these forums.
    Same here, hacked mobile hotspot on a sprint pre.

It's not complicated. I tap the icon, slide the little slider from OFF to ON, and it works...

As I recall freetether was required to be installed for this to work, but it was not difficult... Still have the ipk laying around here I think...
  3. mg3
    Check the first page for links to the two files that are needed.

freetetherd

MHS

Install in that order. (i used WOSQI)

Quote Originally Posted by rreichle1 View Post
    I have used the hacked version of mobile hotspot for quite some time and never had any trouble it was simple to install and it just works im sure if you do a search its still out there somewhere on these forums.
    Quick Question. Is the latest version in preware? I see version 0.0.1 and was updated back in November. Is this the latest? I want to try using this on my Verizon Palm Pre. Will this prevent Verizon's Mobile Hotspot service from working or no? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    My recommendation to anyone, uninstall all freetether related and mobile hotspot/mytether applications for a nice expierence when applying the new version.
    Why would you need to uninstall freetether and freetetherd? They should just update like any other application. Why go through the extra work?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Trying to install freeTetherD then freeTether in that order. Added armv7 and all testing feeds successfully. When I try to install freeTetherD the circle spins and spins and spins forever and nothing happens. Any ideas?
    hotspot installing everything looks good but can't connect to net thru phone, it comes up limited. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    Trying to install freeTetherD then freeTether in that order. Added armv7 and all testing feeds successfully. When I try to install freeTetherD the circle spins and spins and spins forever and nothing happens. Any ideas?
    Not that it matters with the imminent update release but my solution was to reboot/power cycle my pre minus.

Looking forward to the new release. I'll donate once I have it loaded and working. Thanks.
    Look for my thread called Tethering!. It has step by step directions for both wifi and usb tethering. Or you can enable the testing feeds and try the new freetether app.. I'll be doing that tonight.
    jonestech - Need to enable IP forwarding in MHS for it to work. Your phones data may drop for a few minutes after that but when it comes back up all works right. That's what I'm doing now at home.
    Very strange happenings here. I have posted in the EV/1X topic before and have read a few posts on the topic as well. Here is the strangeness.

I live in an area where all of the time I am switched to 1X, in which case I always use WIFI at home. I have used the ##3836# (##EVDO#) and switched over to EVDO at my house. I am so confused because it worked with EV being forced. And it wasn't just putting the icon there and using 1X either. It was really EV speed. What in the creation of man is that all about? How am I able to force to EV in a 1X area? I used the Pre as a hotspot with my laptop and it was so impressive. My computer speed was great. I love this App.

When I switched back to 1X, it was sooo slow, which is to be expected. When I force to EV, I get EV speeds. Why won't it allow EV at my house when if I force it, it works just fine, but when I use Hybrid Rev A, 1X is all that works. Of course, EV only mode does not allow incoming calls, or is it the other way around.

Any people here able to explain this phenomena?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I am on verizon and already allowed 5 gb of hotspot access. MY question is now that I am using freetether Will I still be limited to that amount of mobile broadband? I am pretty sure I wont on usb but wil i still be charged over wi fi??? thanks if anyone can answer that
    (assuming this is the "official" thread...)

Puff,

Does having the ability now to make the wifi NIC be a hot spot, does the mode it's in make it abl for kismet to latch on to? Is it a "true" promiscuous mode?

M.
    OH MY! It's working SWEEEET! Added webos-internals testing feeds, installed through Preware, downloaded the laughably small "driver" for WindowsXP, and this message got posted here through my Pre's tethering connection!

FSKING AWESOME BOYS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Because afaikafaikafaik $you$ $still$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $extra$ $$ $per$ $month$ $for$ $the$ $privilege$. $The$ $advantages$ $of$ $tethering$ $via$ $usb$ $is$ $of$ $course$ $charging$ $at$ $the$ $same$ $time$...
    The current provided by USB is less than the current consumed by the PRE when is tethered, the same happens whith the other OMAP based power drainer phones like Droid Milestone and N900 (altough they have a far better modem than the PRE ones ane they can provide more than double bandwidth).

So sharing via wifi while the phone is plugged to the wall charger is a far better choice, obviously if a power plug is availble.

When traveling is still possible charge via usb datacable but still use the wifi sharing, and IMHO is the preferred choice specially with windows x64 because the lack of signature on the windows usbgadget drivers.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    So, does anyone know if this works on webos 2.1.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkreisberg22 View Post
    So, does anyone know if this works on webos 2.1.0?
    Works fine. I needed it this past weekend not 8 hours after meta-doctoring my Pre Minus.

M.
    Indeed it works! I've succesfully used it in Windows Server 2003 SP2 at work, and WindowsXP MCE at home. The RNDIS thingie in Windows is well done.
    But I can't make it work in a second, old WindowsXP SP2 laptop. The driver (well, actually "usbnet.inf" is not a driver) won't start, just giving "error code 10".
    Anyone had experience with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I can't make it work in a second, old WindowsXP SP2 laptop. The driver (well, actually "usbnet.inf" is not a driver) won't start, just giving "error code 10".
    Anyone had experience with this?
    As the webos-internal wiki says, updating WindowsXP to Service Pack 3 made the deal. This post, in fact, has got to you through my laptop connected to the internet through the Pre!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast