Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used DateBk3/4/5 on devices from PalmIII to the TX, before switching to the Pre, with no PalmOS phones in between. I never upgraded to DateBk6 since v5 had all the functionality I needed. I'm currently running Classic to use other software, and while I have DateBk5 loaded, I don't really use it other than to look up archived info. So, I do know that it runs, and may run as well as the "certified" v6. (I've heard reports of issues with alarms not sounding with the "certified" version.) This, and other topics pertaining to Classic can be found in the "Official Classic" forum under WebOS Developers Forum (on PreCentral).

I really liked floating events and templates in DateBk, as well as the "Copy" command to easily make a new appointment based on the selected appt. Entering a new haircut appt while leaving the barbershop sucks on the Pre calendar in comparison.

I got the impression that CESD (DateBk author) was reluctant to try and port to a javascript app. But, maybe the availability of the PDK would change things(?).

Regards,
    Tom
    Since I do nto have apre, I am wondering how many of you have very forcefully pushed Palm to make a deal with DateBK!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Since I do nto have apre, I am wondering how many of you have very forcefully pushed Palm to make a deal with DateBK!
    The people behind DateBK are an animal charity. In the past they have stated they did not have the time to support other platforms.

I would have thought the success of the Pre and webOS would be a big enough incentive for them to look at the subject again, but who knows
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    They would certainly make enough $ to run a larger more successful charity!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Although I love my Pre, I must admit that the one thing I miss the most about my Centro (and previous Palm models) is Datebk.

My dependence on Datebk for templates, icons, etc. was what kept me on the Palm platform for so many years.

Transitioning to the Pre was tough. During the first few weeks I had a love/hate relationship with the Pre because the native calendar app lacked so much functionality. I tried Classic but it was too cumbersome and just not the same.

Finally, I had to come to terms with the fact the I had to adapt to a new less effective calendar and just "let go" of Datebk.

I did "pimp" and "patch" the Pre's calendar to improve it but, it will never be what datebk was.

I think it's a BIG MISTAKE for CESD to choose not to pursue a Web OS app, and quite frankly I have doubts as to the direction the company is taking with it's new cross-platform software.

I can only hope that if not Pimlico, that another company will step to the plate and create a new WebOS calendar masterpiece!
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    CentroAngie, the icons work just fine. I rely on the graphical week view with icons.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, promised I would come back to this thread with actual experience. Datebk6 is working well. I have all my color icons from icon manager, and everything works just the same way as it did on my Centro. I am pleased. Many of the problems of the posts above are true, in the sense that it takes a bit of getting used to without the stylus, but I got used to it in one day. It works perfectly for me. One happy camper here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12