1.    #1  
    I'm off to Mexico and have a newb question. I did a search but coudn't quite find the answer.

I have my Pre loaded with GDial.

I (obviously) have a GV number.

The resort has full WiFi.

So...if I turn off Sprint and intitiate the call through GDial via the WiFi hotspot, will the call come back through WiFi or will Sprint have to be turned on?

And if I do have to turn it on, will I be charged any fees either by Sprint or Google.
    you have to use a voice network. Google voice is not voip.
    GDial is a google voice app. when you make a call, the Gdial calls google and google make the call for you on their phone network. so you still need sprint first to make call.
    David...
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Does the call to Google count as a Mobile to Mobile call, or a Mobile to landline for purposes of the any mobile, any time plans?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Does the call to Google count as a Mobile to Mobile call, or a Mobile to landline for purposes of the any mobile, any time plans?
    Google Voice number is considered as landline.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    When in Mexico it will count against your total monthly minutes as well as incur you a per/min roaming charge.

When roaming in the USA/Canada/Mexico, mobile to mobile does not apply regardless of what you are calling.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    But what if you are not roaming. Is a call to Google Voice considered a mobile to mobile call?
    In Mexico you're always roaming. I don't think there is anyway around that.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Where is skype when you need em?