Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21  
    I am having issues with the "a", "s", and "r" keys. This is issue #2 on my list. I have 7 different issues with my phone that I am going into my Verizon store with. 6 of them are solid legit issues and #7 is just a while I am at it nitpicking.
  2. #22  
    For any of you guys that actually go talk to Verizon - if you don't mind keep me/us posted with what they say.

    Thanks!
  3. #23  
    I had noticed that also on my pre plus, but thought it was me fat fingering it. I tried to do what the other poster said, which was to press the key until it repeated for a while and it did stop for a short time.

    I tried typing quite a bit on the keyboard (in a text message) just to fill up the screen with words and try to replicate it (not easy), but I think when it did happen, I may have been accidentally pressing two keys at the same time. My E key has been the most obvious. I think it may have something to do with pressing the e and r together... not sure, but will post if I find more out.
  4. #24  
    I'm now noticing that this is happening more often and it's definitely not because of fat fingering or pressing two keys at the same time, as I'm being very observant with it. I'm starting to see it in all apps with keyboard input, not just emails and texts. Does anyone suspect hardware or software on this one? Has anyone been successful in returning one to the store b/c of this problem? I'm on the wall as to whether or not a return will help.
  5. #25  
    This just started happening for me in the past few days. It is only the spacebar. Sometimes it makes one space, and sometimes it makes two. I cannot consistently produce it, but it happens enough to be pretty annoying.
  6. Menso's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #26  
    Same thing with me on my Sprint Pre but with the a key. It's at random times it happens too, the dreaded double a on my phone. So annoying.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I'm now noticing that this is happening more often and it's definitely not because of fat fingering or pressing two keys at the same time, as I'm being very observant with it. I'm starting to see it in all apps with keyboard input, not just emails and texts. Does anyone suspect hardware or software on this one? Has anyone been successful in returning one to the store b/c of this problem? I'm on the wall as to whether or not a return will help.

    If I had to guess, I would say it's a combination of hardware/software. I say that because Palm has changed the keyboard from the Palm Pre and the Palm Pre Plus (it's a lot more "clicky"). As a result it's my belief that Palm didn't do a good job with the debouncing on the Pre Plus keyboard.

    I'm going out on a limb here, but I think a firmware fix that increases the debouncing timing between key presses might fix the issue. I tried posting on the Palm forums but I don't know if my pleas are being listened to... It might help for some of us here to post on Palm's official site as well - let's try to get this problem recognized.
  8. #28  
    +1 re double lettering....pretty annoying....
  9. Trist's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #29  
    Happened to me on my 1st Pre Plus. No problems yet with 2nd one.
  10. #30  
    My first one was replaced for this issue. The second one is good so far.
  11. #31  
    I get the double space, hate it!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzld View Post
    Happens to me, too, but still not nearly as bad to type on as my old Eris :-)
    Ya i agree with this. I get double letters a lot and for some reason miss the 'a' key a lot, but the reason i returned my eris was the keyboard & it's associated lag.
  13. lancepr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #33  
    I get this on my new pre plus with the letter O!
    I just got my Invisi shield on too, will see if if it stops after more typing.
    happens most in web browser
    Code:
     goooogle.coom
  14. #34  
    Yeah this is the 3rd pre that I have gotten from verizon. First pre did the same thing, plus shut off when slider is closed, or if sitting. 2nd pre just had HUGE gaps and creaked and clicked like crazy, but the typing was ok. my 3rd and current pre just has a typing issue of having repetitive letters/or no letters typed at certain times. at this point, i'm giving up. There are obviously lots of problems on these pres and the probability of me getting one that is perfect is slim to none. I guess i'll be sticking to this one. I waited so long for this phone too...oh well.
  15. #35  
    I have absolutely been experiencing this on my verizon pre plus. I spent about 10 minutes trying to work out the keys and see if one was worse than any others and the issue seems to have improved.

    maybe they need a workout?
  16. Grizzld's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetskooler View Post
    Ya i agree with this. I get double letters a lot and for some reason miss the 'a' key a lot, but the reason i returned my eris was the keyboard & it's associated lag.
    EXACTLY!!! My biggest problem with the Eris was the typing lag, and lag in general. Too bad—the Eris had lots of potential.
  17. #37  
    So what is everyone doing for this issue? I mean if you own a pre +, like myself, and are a general customer, we all are still in the 30 day worry free period. Is anyone taking it back for an exchange for this problem? This is my 3rd pre, but the double letter,absent letter is the only problem for this phone. And it is for a few letters like "h", "r". Not sure what to do at this point.
  18. #38  
    My Pre Plus is also acting this way (sorry, I accidentally created another thread on it). Are we 100% sure it is a hardware-related issue? Have those who have exchanged their Pre's for new ones not experienced this issue at all?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmd View Post
    So what is everyone doing for this issue? I mean if you own a pre +, like myself, and are a general customer, we all are still in the 30 day worry free period. Is anyone taking it back for an exchange for this problem? This is my 3rd pre, but the double letter,absent letter is the only problem for this phone. And it is for a few letters like "h", "r". Not sure what to do at this point.
    Personally I'm trying to gut it out. The letter anomaly is frustrating but not a deal breaker for me... yet. Little back story I switched from Sprint to VZW and everything except the keyboard has been what I've wanted. cpmd, if this is your first WebOS device I would definitely try to gut it out for a little longer - at least until 1.4 gets released on Verizon.

    I have been hounding Palm and Verizon about the issue in hopes that if we get this recognized a firmware fix could alleviate our double key entry problems.

    For unrecognized key presses, I think that's just something we will have to get used to on the Pre+ - pushing down a little harder than we used to (for all use Sprint --> VZW people).

    I've called VZW tech support and chatted with Palm tech support, so far it *appears* that this is an unrecognized issue by them. I'm not sure if they are just trying to cover their posteriors, or if they legitimately don't think it's a problem.

    My recommendation, keep complaining until our voices get heard - and like I said - at the very least gut it out until 1.4. WebOS is hands down the best mobile experience I've ever had, and I've definitely been around the block.

    Sorry that this ended up being kind of rant, btw. Hope this helps.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0sim View Post
    Personally I'm trying to gut it out. The letter anomaly is frustrating but not a deal breaker for me... yet. Little back story I switched from Sprint to VZW and everything except the keyboard has been what I've wanted. cpmd, if this is your first WebOS device I would definitely try to gut it out for a little longer - at least until 1.4 gets released on Verizon.

    I have been hounding Palm and Verizon about the issue in hopes that if we get this recognized a firmware fix could alleviate our double key entry problems.

    For unrecognized key presses, I think that's just something we will have to get used to on the Pre+ - pushing down a little harder than we used to (for all use Sprint --> VZW people).

    I've called VZW tech support and chatted with Palm tech support, so far it *appears* that this is an unrecognized issue by them. I'm not sure if they are just trying to cover their posteriors, or if they legitimately don't think it's a problem.

    My recommendation, keep complaining until our voices get heard - and like I said - at the very least gut it out until 1.4. WebOS is hands down the best mobile experience I've ever had, and I've definitely been around the block.

    Sorry that this ended up being kind of rant, btw. Hope this helps.
    Actually, to me, that post was pretty helpful post, not a rant. I saw your posts on palm's website. Others from this forum posted there re the keyboard problem. My theory is that legally/financially they will not openly admit that it is there fault, or a defect. At least not for now. They would lose lots of money that way, especially in the beginning of the release (only been 2 weeks or so since the pre + released). Like I have said in my other posts here, I am def. not going to try my luck. the letters I have trouble with are "r" and "h". I will just make a mental note to watch out for those letters, and I will take your advice, and will wait for the update. I hope the update solves the prob (hopefully it is a software prob, but could be a hardware prob, or even both?). At the end of the day, it's a pretty sweet phone
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions