1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just moved from a 755P to the VZN Pre. I noticed in my photo folder a subfolder named crash which contains 4 photo's of a Dave Matthews Band album cover. I purchased the phone on the Wednesday 2 days after the Monday it went on sale. It is hard to imagine it is a returned phone but I am wondering if a VZN employee was using it prior to my purchase. Does anyone else have similar photo's? They also show up as potential wall papers.

On another note, with the 755P I was able to tell how many accumulate minutes were logged on the phone and also how much data was downloaded over its life. That could tell me if someone was using the phone prior to my purchase. I can't seem to remember how to do that and I was wondering if there is something similar on the Pre?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Hello,

I just moved from a 755P to the VZN Pre. I noticed in my photo folder a subfolder named crash which contains 4 photo's of a Dave Matthews Band album cover. I purchased the phone on the Wednesday 2 days after the Monday it went on sale. It is hard to imagine it is a returned phone but I am wondering if a VZN employee was using it prior to my purchase. Does anyone else have similar photo's? They also show up as potential wall papers.

On another note, with the 755P I was able to tell how many accumulate minutes were logged on the phone and also how much data was downloaded over its life. That could tell me if someone was using the phone prior to my purchase. I can't seem to remember how to do that and I was wondering if there is something similar on the Pre?

Your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    to the first part... sounds like that was either a demo unit or an employee plaing aroung with it or a return...

the second part of your quest. if you havent already... go install preware and WOQI ... if you have no idea what im talking about than goto the link in my signature .... and download Netstat Daemon... which will allow you to view the net accumulated totals
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Sketch. The plot thickens. I remembered how to check the usage on my VZN phone....dial #*#786#. Sprint is ##786#. It says I made 44 calls and there is no way I made that many since getting the phone. I do not know if they test the phones but that seems like way too many tests. Plus the DMB photo's strongly suggests I received a slightly used phone in disguise of a new phone. I think I am going to have to have a talk with VZN.........
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad