Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Boy, the thread crapping is really getting prevalent here.
    This:
    --->
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Second, please stop it with the little arrows in your topic titles. They are juvenile and tedious.
    <---
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    Unless the person next to you is the reason you need 911.
    Use their phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    On the plus side, it's running the response count up. If it goes high enough, it might be front page material...
    OK, serious response here.

If my phone, no matter the brand, had this problem, I'd call customer service every time it happened, and have them document in my notes that it was happening. After it happened the 3rd or 4th time, I'd ask them to etiher tell me in writing that this is normal, or insist they give me a new device. I would not wait until there was a life-threatening emergency to take care of the problem.

I've never understood the folks that will spend more effort complaining about a problem like this than it takes to resolve it.
    Actually, I DO take this is seriously! One time my phone froze and I had to pull the battery. Even though it booted right back up I wasn't going to take any more chances like that again! I have stayed at home in my bed since last June.
    P.S.
    I love my pre. I love this community. Don't worry dbd, we got your back!
    Last edited by tang404; 02/01/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    I seriously can't believe i might actually have to list all the possible scenarios as to how this is something that could be life-threatening.
    LOL dbd, you can't be serious. "life threatening"????

So if I go to work and leave my cell at home, that could be life threatening?

Keep up the good fight dbd, I'm still willing to take the pre off your hands for you, I still need 2 more.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    LOL dbd, you can't be serious. "life threatening"????

Keep up the good fight dbd, I'm still willing to take the pre off your hands for you, I still need 2 more.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Does the FCC or someone else require that 911 functionality be available for cell phones like they do for landlines? I don't think there are the same layers of regulations and requirements that demand the same level of availability for these phones. Can an FCC expert chime in on this please?
    I'm not an expert, but 911 service is a requirement for all US cell phones. If the phone can get a voice signal that signal needs to support 911. The phone doesn't even need to be activated by a carrier. One of my neighbors was a huge advocate for getting it required back in the 90s. Last I checked the GPS/location services were a bit buggy. I've used it to report major traffic hazards/violations/accidents and it always seemed to get me through to the nearest operator.

Has anyone ever seen a full couch and recliner set on the highway before?
    Agreed. Next it'll be a gas mask and food rations. Sounds like someone grew up with bumpers on all the counter top edges and a mommy leash!

Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Enhance your calm, John Spartan. You sound like my mother. I hear what you're saying and it is an issue but I wouldn't call this "life threateing". If you're that worried you should get On Star and maybe carry a flare gun around.
    Yeah, let's clean the crap up...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yeah, let's clean the crap up...
    LOL - Great pic!
    Hyperbole ( hye-PER-buh-lee)
    Extreme exaggeration or overstatement
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    |
    |
    ---->i think he just like to see his posts <----
    ^
    |
    |
    You don't know how right you are.
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...1000-apps.html
    He was even proud when Robert called him "mega poster."
    I know that the D and B stand for. Not sure about the 2nd D though.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    You don't know how right you are.
    [url]
    He was even proud when Robert called him "mega poster."
    I know that the D and B stand for. Not sure about the 2nd D though.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    have you tried tethering dont tell me, the tethering is buggy too and the phone doesnt just follow you around when you forget it
    Just trying to keep your "Thank" average at 1,000% - Livin
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Question to the original poster: did you install the Powersave CPU Scaling patch? I had the exact same problem when I was running that. I switched to the Powersave Smartreflex patch and I never had the random reboot problem again...
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by ubersoft View Post
    Question to the original poster: did you install the Powersave CPU Scaling patch? I had the exact same problem when I was running that. I switched to the Powersave Smartreflex patch and I never had the random reboot problem again...
    I've said a thousand times:
    I've never patched, tweaked nor homebrewed.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    lol, I love the first tag on this thread... 'nuff said.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast