Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I seriously can't believe i might actually have to list all the possible scenarios as to how this is something that could be life-threatening.
    I seriously can't believe you would feel the need to, but knock yourself out. Maybe you can get a class action going too while you're at it. While I can agree this is a problem, especially if it is widespread, let's not be overly dramatic....
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I just pop the battery and put it right back in. Don't wait 15 seconds or 15 minutes. I wait 1.

Happens to me like once every other week.
    Then this is not the problem that i'm talking about.
    The problem is when you try that, and it still doesn't boot up. It's not a simple battery pull and you're back up and running again.
    If that's all it was, I wouldn't even be writing about it.
    Has anybody read the links i provided?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    zerot...

Now THAT was a GOOD post.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Then this is not the problem that i'm talking about.
    The problem is when you try that, and it still doesn't boot up. It's not a simple battery pull and you're back up and running again.
    If that's all it was, I wouldn't even be writing about it.
    Has anybody read the links i provided?
    perhaps you should consider getting your phone swapped under warranty? Just a thought...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    While it's not life threatening, it would be great if this phone wasn't that buggy.
    This has happened to me twice...

I have had it where my phone wouldn't turn on for an hour... and then it just randomly worked one time.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    While it's not life threatening, it would be great if this phone wasn't that buggy.
    This has happened to me twice...

I have had it where my phone wouldn't turn on for an hour... and then it just randomly worked one time.
    Yes, and that IS a problem, and I hope a remedy is found for those of you having it. I would consider exchanging under warranty if it was me. My point however, is the OP did not need to create such a drama laden post....
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    Yes, and that IS a problem, and I hope a remedy is found for those of you having it. I would consider exchanging under warranty if it was me. My point however, is the OP did not need to create such a drama laden post....
    dbd always creates these kinds of threads.
    His threads always have the --> <-- thing...
    First, get the hysteria under control. There isn't a widespread issue here. People who install buggy patches may have issues with their phone? Wow, you're really blowing a lot of minds with that one.

Second, please stop it with the little arrows in your topic titles. They are juvenile and tedious.
    My phone locked up going down the highway this weekend. I almost took out five cars trying to get the battery out and back in, so Yes this can be a hazard. It locked up in the middle of Sleeping bag by ZZ Top. Thats unacceptable.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    First, get the hysteria under control. There isn't a widespread issue here. People who install buggy patches may have issues with their phone? Wow, you're really blowing a lot of minds with that one..
    You must not even have read the second sentence in my opening post. Read it before commenting.
    Thank you.

(I never did the tweak, patch, homebrew thing. Had the phone since June.)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/01/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    This must be happening in only some phones because I have had mine for months and not experienced this problem.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Lets face it, if your saying that in 10-15mins my health is going to be so seriously affected that i will be close to, if not already dead, then im probably not in great shape to use my phone in the first place anyway.

And if were not talking of something as extreme as death, and I am in a state to use my phone, then I can probably hang on for another 15mins, lets face it even if my phone was working perfectly any kind of emergency services will take 10-15mins to get to me anyway.

My BB Storm use to do the same thing every other day. I called BB CS and the rep told me that I should pull the battery once in the morning and again at lunch. We have 3 launch day Pre's in our family and never have had this problem, might need to take your phone in and have it checked.
    Unless the person next to you is the reason you need 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    maybe sometimes helps to ask the person next to you if you could use the phone to call 911 :-)
    Problem: Palm Pre sometimes turns completely off for no apparent reason, and the only solution is to pull the battery and wait for what feels like an eternity for the phone to boot ... if it does boot (you may have to try the battery pull a couple of times). This could prove to be troublesome in the event of an emergency.

Solution from people here: Carry a backup phone. Use a pay phone. Buy On-Star for your car. Carry a walkie-talkie or a flare gun.

This problem has not caused me the kind of stress it has caused the OP, but it has ticked me off on several occasions. Sometimes I love my Pre, and sometimes I regret going with this buggy first-gen phone. Love/hate relationship here. But really, excusing a major problem with a phone by saying you should carry a backup phone is something I thought I'd only hear from iPhone zombies.
    Went to Yosemite for Xmas.
    Sprint and Verizon had a signal,no service for ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntoblivion View Post
    But if you're in the middle of nowhere, will you have cell service?

and in that case, I believe that a post needs to be made about the life threatening situation of being without cell service! Maybe I should cancel my camping plans!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Enhance your calm, John Spartan.
    Hee hee.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I had this happen once when it was charged. Plugging it into the charger rectified the situation.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Problem: Palm Pre sometimes turns completely off for no apparent reason, and the only solution is to pull the battery and wait for what feels like an eternity for the phone to boot ... if it does boot (you may have to try the battery pull a couple of times). This could prove to be troublesome in the event of an emergency.

Solution from people here: Carry a backup phone. Use a pay phone. Buy On-Star for your car. Carry a walkie-talkie or a flare gun.

This problem has not caused me the kind of stress it has caused the OP, but it has ticked me off on several occasions. Sometimes I love my Pre, and sometimes I regret going with this buggy first-gen phone. Love/hate relationship here. But really, excusing a major problem with a phone by saying you should carry a backup phone is something I thought I'd only hear from iPhone zombies.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    ya know... crossing the street is life threatening...
    I have a scuba buddy that lived in the British Virgin Islands for a few years. He said that every year, they would have American tourists that were injured or killed by walking out into the street and looking the wrong way.

I told him my mamma alwasys said look both ways.

I probably should have asked him what type of phone they had.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast