Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just saw my first-ever Verizon Pre Plus commercial. It demonstrated merging of calendars, with the tagline that the Pre Plus "is the only phone smart enough to keep up with Mom".

Pretty good, I thought.
    Where did you see it?
  3.    #3  
    It was at the very start of the Today show.
    Maybe it is on Youtube.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Nothin' yet.
    I checked V's website and the tag line Bujin mentioned is there for the two phones. V also redid the descriptions for the phones by mentioning multitasking for the busy family, synergy, keeping multiple apps open and the mobile hotspot. Much better than what they had on the site before.

And I think that the ad buy for the Today show and the reworking of the Pre on their website shows that they're trying to target the busy mother or father no matter if they're stay at parents or a busy office type.
    "Smart enough for Mom" is the best they could come up with?

Guess they are trying to appeal to the female demographic with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post

But look, its a phone for everyone. You have to remember that V positioned the Droid as a phone that knocks down doors and crushes rocks, which appeals to guys.

People watching the Today generally fall into the category of mothers or fathers getting ready to head to work, mothers or fathers that stay at home with children and men and women that aren't parents but they lead busy lives that require them to be organized. So in that since the ad buy for the Today show makes since. Mentioning that it is easy for mom to use is genius b/c it makes the phone less imtimdating to a segment of the population that generally sees no use for smartphones.
    Iwhat? I am a mac user who felt lost being on verizon. I was waiting...waiting..and waiting for the iphone to come to verizon. Well after palm announced their phone was coming to verizon I decided to research and then ended up getting a pre and a pixi for my fiancee. Now I really don't care if iphone comes to verizon. I finally have a phone that truly allows me to style it the way I need for my life. It's simplicity is what makes the phone soooo nice for the commen user and it's open development makes it great for the computer guy. I have never been so happy with a phone. Do what you want but i'm sticking to with my pre.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    "They notify without interrupting."
    "They organize on command."
    "They're nothing like your kids."

Well, at least they're advertising it.. Seems like their point is it's easy to use. They even built a webpage with animated 3D model. Only, the 3D model is, ehm.. a little weird..

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/palm/pre/
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    Iwhat? I am a mac user who felt lost being on verizon. I was waiting...waiting..and waiting for the iphone to come to verizon. Well after palm announced their phone was coming to verizon I decided to research and then ended up getting a pre and a pixi for my fiancee. Now I really don't care if iphone comes to verizon. I finally have a phone that truly allows me to style it the way I need for my life. It's simplicity is what makes the phone soooo nice for the commen user and it's open development makes it great for the computer guy. I have never been so happy with a phone. Do what you want but i'm sticking to with my pre.
    Now if they can only package that up into a commercial!!! Welcome to webOS! Now tell all your friends to go buy one too! :-)
    It may be smart enough to keep up with Mom but Verizon doesn't offer V-cast/TV for it. LOL! (husband was going to then switch to the Droid but Verizon doesn't offer V-cast/TV for it either).
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    It may be smart enough to keep up with Mom but Verizon doesn't offer V-cast/TV for it. LOL! (husband was going to then switch to the Droid but Verizon doesn't offer V-cast/TV for it either).
    Wait, I thought that 'Droid Does'. hehe So Droid Doesn't. Ok. I had a flashback to the initial Droid commercials. Your husband would have hated the Droid's keyboard. It is truly horrid.
    I told him he could go try the Droid if he wanted to but I told him he should have paid his ETF and just came back to Sprint for his Palm.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I saw a poster sized ad with the same tagline over the weekend. The ad was located in Funtopia (formerly known as Ooba Dooba), an indoor arcade and amusement park for kids located in Queens, NY. Definitley a lot of Moms there.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    But look, its a phone for everyone. You have to remember that V positioned the Droid as a phone that knocks down doors and crushes rocks, which appeals to guys.

People watching the Today generally fall into the category of mothers or fathers getting ready to head to work, mothers or fathers that stay at home with children and men and women that aren't parents but they lead busy lives that require them to be organized. So in that since the ad buy for the Today show makes since. Mentioning that it is easy for mom to use is genius b/c it makes the phone less imtimdating to a segment of the population that generally sees no use for smartphones.
    Yep, this is smart advertising. Moms have a lot of money. Look how rich Oprah is. Look how well the wii sold when it advertised to the casual market. Didn't Ruby intend webos for the casual market and that's why it's so easy to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post

Maybe they feel that mothers will want one for Valentine's Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Maybe they feel that mothers will want one for Valentine's Day.
    Some mom's are gadget nerds too!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Here it is:

Here's another:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast