Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well, today was the day. My sister promised me a new phone for Christmas. At first, she was talking Blackberry Curve, but after playing with a co-workers & then trying a Pre (mostly to get me to shut up), she decided the Pre was really what SHE wanted too & it was all down hill after that. Unfortunately, that was after Best Buy's big sale & the fantastic sale price we found after her decision was for a store in Omaha & the X-mas blizzard was upon us. So, we waited.

Well today's sale flyers had the same store (Nebraska Furniture Mart) with the Pixi on sale for free after instant savings. Well since that was the phone my niece wanted, we called the store & Hallelujah, the Pre was back on sale for $50 just not listed in the flyer. So, a quick jaunt down the interstate & back brought me a Pre to play with to distract from the misery of strep throat. I've been drooling & waiting & praying & lurking on here since CES of last year & I'm so tickled to finally have one that I'm not even bummed it doesn't have the RAM or storage that the Pre+ has.

The build seems much more solid than the early ones I played with at the Sprint store. Screen is perfect. Slider is firm, if not just a bit stiff (figure it'll be just right after a little use). No oreo.

Only one small bump in the road so far. Had to pull the battery & reset to get the phone to recognize that it was plugged into my computer so I could use it in usb mode to do the Palm desktop transfer. It would charge from the outlet, but even then didn't sound the charging tone or say charging like it does now.

So, now I go back & re-read all the stuff people posted on how-to do what I want to on the phone. As soon as I've gotten reasonably familiar with the phone, I'm sure I'll find myself patching & checking out Homebrew.

Anyway, just had to say I finally joined the rest of y'all who actually have Pre's & might have more to say & do less lurking now. Maybe.

P.S. Nebraska Furniture Mart has stores in Omaha, NE & Kansas City, MO. While I can't promise that the K.C. store will offer the exact same prices, it is highly likely. They offer instant savings, just like Best Buy & they have the best upgrade eligible prices anywhere. We got 2 Pre's & 1 Pixi for $100 before tax & activation. Activation was also only $18/phone.
    welcome to the pre family!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Thanks!! I became a Palm fan with my lil' red Centro. I was feeling just a smidge nostalgic about retiring it, but have to say I'm lovin' my new Pre!!
    yeah no oreo, wait a few days you will see some oreo. It took my pre like 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah no oreo, wait a few days you will see some oreo. It took my pre like 2 weeks
    it really depends. I have dropped mine on conrete several times and no oreo whatsoever
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    what is this oreo effect ppl keep talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbritton View Post
    Had to pull the battery & reset
    You should try to reset the phone the "normal" way - if you hold down the power-button you'll be presented with the option to reset the phone.
    Pulling the battery can damage the OS (worst case) so you should try to avoid it whenever possible (I never had the situation that it was not).
    Use it in good health! {Jonathan}
    I don't have a Pre (yet!) but on the display unit, the slide only felt loose when it was partially closed or opened. It seemed solid fully opened or closed.
    OP

Good luck with it by the way!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    You should try to reset the phone the "normal" way - if you hold down the power-button you'll be presented with the option to reset the phone.
    Pulling the battery can damage the OS (worst case) so you should try to avoid it whenever possible (I never had the situation that it was not).
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't run across that yet. I have a tendency to play first & then reading the "destructions" afterwards.
    Any other known deals? I need to buy a Pre today or this week. I am on a 2 years upgrade. Kills me to have to pay 149 when some get it for 99 or here 50.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Use it in good health! {Jonathan}
    Thanks...LOL!! For now I'll have to settle for using it in poor health, but the antibiotics should kick in & kill off the strep soon.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Welcome, do you actively colour your text red in every post? That's dedication.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    My launch day Pre still has no oreo....
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Welcome to the Palm Family!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Welcome, do you actively colour your text red in every post? That's dedication.
    Not always, but I love the color of red & a couple extra clicks gets me the font & color I like. Call it a femme thing. I probably wouldn't if I had to type out the coding each time.
    [QUOTE=cjbritton;2193496]Well, today was the day. My sister promised me a new phone for Christmas. At first, she was talking Blackberry Curve, but after playing with a co-workers & then trying a Pre (mostly to get me to shut up), she decided the Pre was really what SHE wanted too & it was all down hill after that. Unfortunately, that was after Best Buy's big sale & the fantastic sale price we found after her decision was for a store in Omaha & the X-mas blizzard was upon us. So, we waited.

Well today's sale flyers had the same store (Nebraska Furniture Mart) with the Pixi on sale for free after instant savings. Well since that was the phone my niece wanted, we called the store & Hallelujah, the Pre was back on sale for $50 just not listed in the flyer. So, a quick jaunt down the interstate & back brought me a Pre to play with to distract from the misery of strep throat. I've been drooling & waiting & praying & lurking on here since CES of last year & I'm so tickled to finally have one that I'm not even bummed it doesn't have the RAM or storage that the Pre+ has.

The build seems much more solid than the early ones I played with at the Sprint store. Screen is perfect. Slider is firm, if not just a bit stiff (figure it'll be just right after a little use). No oreo.

Only one small bump in the road so far. Had to pull the battery & reset to get the phone to recognize that it was plugged into my computer so I could use it in usb mode to do the Palm desktop transfer. It would charge from the outlet, but even then didn't sound the charging tone or say charging like it does now.

So, now I go back & re-read all the stuff people posted on how-to do what I want to on the phone. As soon as I've gotten reasonably familiar with the phone, I'm sure I'll find myself patching & checking out Homebrew.

Anyway, just had to say I finally joined the rest of y'all who actually have Pre's & might have more to say & do less lurking now. Maybe.

P.S. Nebraska Furniture Mart has stores in Omaha, NE & Kansas City, MO. While I can't promise that the K.C. store will offer the exact same prices, it is highly likely. They offer instant savings, just like Best Buy & they have the best upgrade eligible prices anywhere. We got 2 Pre's & 1 Pixi for $100 before tax & activation. Activation was also only $18/phone.
    [you should of made a better choice and bought an iphone!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post

+1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast