Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure how many people use the sweet little rubber cable tie that comes with the pre charger, but I think the thing is awesome. I'm trying to figure out where to get more of these for all my other short cables. Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on something similar? If not, anyone who doesn't use yours, I can offer you a couple bucks for it shipped . Any takers?
    Yeah, I loved that thing too. And yes, I say "loved", as in past tense. I've managed to lose two of the damn things from two separate cables.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I like them too and they are very easy to lose.
    What tie?
    I use these little babies: Velcro One Wrap, Wire Wrap, Velcro straps, Velcro Tie Wraps

I use them for everything! The nice thing about these is that they connect directly to the cable/wire so you can't lose them (unless you lose the cable/wire that is ;-) ).
    I love mine, but sry I don't know where you could buy more. Subscribing the thread in case someone posts an answer.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

I have 2 cables, each of which came with that little rubber thingy. The first one, I wore out and it eventually broke. The second one I lost. But I really liked both of them. Would love to know of a source to purchase more.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  8.    #8  
    Perhaps we should inquire with Palm and demand replacement cable ties for everyone :-)
    I need a new one, lost the old one about a week into having it lol
    I use mine whenever I have to take my cable somewhere... which isn't very often usually. I wouldn't mind having a larger one for my laptop power supply though, as I take that a lot more places than I take my stock Pre cable.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  11.    #11  
    I tired contacting both Palm and Sprint and after speaking to multiple supervisors I was given the same answer that it is not an accessory that is sold separately. After work, I am going to go visit every sprint store in my area and see if they can salvage 1 (or more) of these from any returns/repairs/etc they might have. Wish me luck and I recommend you do the same!
  12.    #12  
    No luck at the sprint store... is anyone willing to sell/give/trade me their rubber cable tie??
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJHaptic View Post
    No luck at the sprint store... is anyone willing to sell/give/trade me their rubber cable tie??
    These are similar and I know they sell them at Fry's.

It wont let me post urls until another post or so, so you are going to have to type this in your self:
    www . wrapnstrap . com / 906E_large . html

Haven't used them tho.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by theswimmer View Post
    These are similar and I know they sell them at Fry's.

It wont let me post urls until another post or so, so you are going to have to type this in your self:
    www . wrapnstrap . com / 906E_large . html

Haven't used them tho.
    Sweet! This exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
    I just use retractable cables when I'm not at home. The only cable that isn't retractable that I have is the one that goes into my touchstone.
    Thanks to this thread I just placed a dab of super glue on the tip of the tie. It has fallen off several times. No longer.
    Last edited by pdxtreo; 02/03/2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Emo
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    Thanks to this thread I just placed a dab of super glue on the tip of the tie. It has fallen off several times. No longer.
    Good Idea
    Super glue and duct tape solve many a probblem.
    Was chatting with Palm support, today: suggested they might pass up the ladder that a SKU for a bag of these ties would be a Good Thing.

Heck, this particular design's good enough--even with the weak point at the "peg" hole--that there's probably a real market for these--sans imprint--as a commodity iterm.

Thanks to the Wrap-N-Strap poster, as well.

--
    egr
    Those were ok, I think I actually just found one under the couch. I do like this one that I got with a replacement Pre
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast