1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I just got a new Verizon Pre and when talking on it the past two days I have noticed that my voice quality isn't that good, especially when the phone is slid open. It always makes a sort of crackling noise, and unless the slider is closed people say they have a hard time hearing me.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by polochris View Post
    Hey all,

I just got a new Verizon Pre and when talking on it the past two days I have noticed that my voice quality isn't that good, especially when the phone is slid open. It always makes a sort of crackling noise, and unless the slider is closed people say they have a hard time hearing me.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
    Nope not at all it sounds crystal clear to me closed or slid open. Everyone I talk to says I sound great as well no hiss, crackling or any other weird noises.
  3.    #3  
    Really weird, it almost sounds like my Pre is muffled.
    Really weird, it almost sounds like my Pre is muffled.
    You might need a replacement.
  5.    #5  
    Do you know if this is a common problem with the Pre?
    Do you know if this is a common problem with the Pre?
    Yours is the first post that I've heard that say that, all the reviews it has gotten says it has pretty good voice quality. I also concur with that statement, its been pretty solid for me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    this might sound stupid, but make sure your face isn't rubbing up against the mic. sometimes when I hold the phone to my left ear, my face will rub against the mic, and it makes everything sound awful, including a lot of 'crackling' noises like you described.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    You might need a replacement.
    +1
    two touchstones and a car charger
    Note the position of the microphone. It is the small hole on the lower left of the front of the pre. If you use your left hand to use the phone with the slider open, your face may cover the microphone. Since the microphone is not on the key pad, there is no value in opening it when calling, except it looks cool.