Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I decided to make a new thread so others could see. I have went thru 3-4 Pre's and they all would eventually crack by the USB port/door. And I never dropped the phone or anything and for the LIFE of me couldn't figure out why it would KEEP cracking in same spot...So Long story short I had the Seido Case with 3.5 port/gap on top. Anyways that Broke and I had to buy another case( generic one from flea market) however NO CraCKS so I put two and two together and said it HAD to be the Seido Case!.
    i have the sedio case for 6 months now and my pre is still like new
    do you slide open your pre to open your usb door?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i have the sedio case for 6 months now and my pre is still like new
    Maybe I was inserting wrong with others IDK! just food for thought eat up!
    Me too, no problems with my Seidio case at all.

Your theory would have more credibitlity if there wouldn't be an Pres out there that cracked without the use of the Seidio case, but something tells me that there are.
    How do people crack them? We have 3 launch day Pre's with no cracks.
    I have a Seidio case, no problems ever.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i had an extended seido innocase, the model made to fit a pre with the seido extended battery/back door. i got it in november and wasn't too crazy about it. the upper part of the right edge of the top piece was not flush with the side of the phone. the top piece would constantly come loose at the bottom left tab, especially when pocketed.

two days ago a tab broke off of the top piece of the case rendering it useless.

very disapointing. 30 dollar case doesn't fit well out of the box, then is broken 2 months later.

i really liked the seido extended battery which i got around the same time.. but it already is not holding a charge like it did when i first got it. and the larger back cover doesn't fit well either, expecting i'll lose a tab off that before too long.

overall very disapointed with the seido products. don't buy any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    i had an extended seido innocase, the model made to fit a pre with the seido extended battery/back door. i got it in november and wasn't too crazy about it. the upper part of the right edge of the top piece was not flush with the side of the phone. the top piece would constantly come loose at the bottom left tab, especially when pocketed.

very disapointing. 30 dollar case doesn't fit well out of the box, then is broken 2 months later.

i really liked the seido extended battery which i got around the same time.. but it already is not holding a charge like it did when i first got it. and the larger back cover doesn't fit well either, expecting i'll lose a tab off that before too long.

Send them a message and I am sure they will replace it for you. I have the extended version too and mine is just fine. They have great customer service, can't hurt to try!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have the same seidio click case with holster. I use the touchstone charger so I open the USB door a lot less than some people which can make a difference. I've had the Seidio case about 4 months with no issues.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the case. If you bought it directly from us or from an authorized reseller (such as Precentral, Treo Central, Amazon, etc) then we would be happy to replace it for you. Our RMA information can be found under "Help Center" at seidioonline.com.

Once you submit the info, our RMA department should get back to you in a few days with an RMA number and instructions on how to return the damaged product.

Thanks,

Seidio
    I do not use a Seido case. I have 2 Pres and both cracked by the USB door. The first Pre simply stopped working and I got it replaced no charge. My current Pre has a crack at the USB door but I haven't got around to getting it replaced since it works great otherwise. However I am going to the Sprint store today to get my wife a Pre, so maybe I will see if they can swap it out.
    I do not use my usb door and mine cracked (touchstone). It is causing the phone to cut out when on calls too. Sprint refuses to help me and says it is abuse. It is a flaw in the design just from looking at it. I now get to call Palm to try and get it swapped out.