Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's well written, but very subjective. I think 2,3,4,6 and 7 can all be rebutted:
    2 - Your subjective opinin is that the email client is better; but I find the Droid email client to be very strong - both are pretty good. Mail text content delays on the Pre have me calling it a toss-up at best
    3 - Stock browser perhaps, Dolphin browser on Droid, they're pretty even. Both are based on Webkit I believe, and the performance is similar. I consider this a push.
    4 - Still pics clearly go to the Pre. Video to the Droid, for obvious reasons. You can't argue "well the Pre will get video" because the Droid camera quality has been improed once with a software update, and it too could improve. So as things stand, depends on which is more important to you: Decent Pics with Excellent Video verus Good Pics with no Video.
    6 - Weight to the Pre, shape to the Pre, screen to the Droid. Depends on what you value more.
    7 - Giving the nod to the Pre for the accordion effect is akin to giving it to the Droid for being able to choose calendar colors. The accordion effect is a nice function, but a deciding factor in quality? Can't see that, this is a puch.

You also skipped over a few factors I consider important:
    - Widgets on the Droid allow for very flexible UI configuration
    - Pre can open ICS files and accept invitations; Droid cannot
    - Synergy! The whole Synergy paradigm has no equivalent on the Droid.
    - Screen material - the Droid screen is much less likely to scratch than the Pre
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    What about GPS/navigation? Honestly, Google Maps Navigation is one of the main reasons as to why I haven't jumped to the Pre Plus from my Droid yet.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phobic99 View Post
    What about GPS/navigation? Honestly, Google Maps Navigation is one of the main reasons as to why I haven't jumped to the Pre Plus from my Droid yet.
    I used Google Maps on my Sprint Pre back in December to get to the Rainforest Cafe in downtown San Antonio on foot. At night. Worked beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by phobic99 View Post
    Sprint Pre has Google Maps as well as Sprint Nav (TeleNav). Both work well, but I actually prefer TeleNav... its literally exactly like having a real handheld GPS module.
    Your review was entertaining. I showed it to a Verizon rep here who loves his Droid although I asked him about the Pre and the WebOS. He's pretty knowledgeable. Some of your points are valid but many are not and it doesn't list the areas where Android and the Droid or other models trump the Pre. The tragically funny response he had to me was "here is why the Droid is a better phone to me - Android and tens of thousands more Android apps will be around in a year from now." He's probably a little biased but he has a point. Perhaps a full comparison of pros and cons might provide a little more utility and credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    Sprint Pre has Google Maps as well as Sprint Nav (TeleNav). Both work well, but I actually prefer TeleNav... its literally exactly like having a real handheld GPS module.
    That's the Google Nav feature on the Droid as well. Included for free, and it's great turn by turn Nav. The Google Maps feature is there as well, but for true navigation, this is the nuts.
    The Droid's navigation is very slick, especially turn by turn in satelite view!!!! I almost kept it just because of it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessemnajera View Post
    The Droid's navigation is very slick, especially turn by turn in satelite view!!!! I almost kept it just because of it.
    well you have to figure that a phone running Google's operating system might have a full featured Google Maps client.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I will post an update to review once 1.4 comes out....
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yes, i will give kudos to the droid Nav system...simply awesome...and its free
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12