Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me start off by saying, I really want to like this phone. The true multi-tasking and other great features that it has to offer are truly amazing and one of a kind in cell phone market. This is probably the most fun/frustration Iíve had with a cell phone, ever.
    However, with that being said, the Pre has got to be the most frustrating phone that Iíve ever used. Although it comes with all these great features and can do true multi-tasking, this has got to be one of the most sluggish and unresponsive phone that Iíve ever used. Iím currently 34 years and have used a lot of cell phones (tons of smart phones) through my years. Iím not going to pretend to know why the Pre is so sluggish, but all I know is that Iím at the end of my rope with this phone.
    Case in point- the other day I used my Pre to call in my medicine prescriptions to Walmart. As I attempted to key in my prescription numbers, the phone would pause for about 5 secs and then the numbers would register all at the same time. Because of this I was unable to place my prescription number on the phone and had to go into Walmart and tell them the numbers in person. I have countless other stories that illustrate how sluggish the Pre is.
    I guess I got to the point where I could not stand it anymore. I needed to convey my story to see if others found this phone to be sluggish and unresponsive. At this point, I could not care less about any other upgrades to the phones features. If I donít notice a significant speed improvement on the next update, Iíll be jumping ship. Yes, I do find it that frustrating!
    you most HAVE the droid.....bcause I have my pre since launch on sprint n it's the ****, so take it back cause I knw for sure you must have a bad phone or you don't have a pre n are just making this up
  3.    #3  
    I've had my phone for about 6 months now. Why the heck would I be making this up?
    I've never had any lag with my dialer. If it really was 5 seconds then there is something definitely wrong with your phone. I experience app delays that last about 1.5 seconds from time to time but never any longer than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by neversummer75 View Post
    Iím currently 34 years and have used a lot of cell phones (tons of smart phones) through my years.
    Ok so, let's see a short list. Name the last 6-7 smartphones you have previously used that were "way better" so I can see what it is you're comparing the Pre to
    the thing with the pre is:

everytime you DELETE a text message or add a contact, it syncs itself back to the server and/or modifies the palmdatabase.db3 file.

because of this, the phone becomes slow as heck when you delete a text or add a contact (and will become sluggish for about 10 min +) -this extrmeley sucks and is a major setback for this phone

so my question to you is: did you delete any text messages or mess with your contacts within the timeframe to call Walgreens?

PS- because of the sluggishness of deleteing texts, this is why I only delete text messages at night when I go to bed, so it does not mess up my productivity
  7.    #7  
    You know what? I did. I deleted a text a few mins before I made the phone call to Walmart. Thanks for the info. However, that still sucks bad! I LOVE this phone. However, I get sooo ****ed at slow and sluggish it can be at times. At times I feel like throwing it out the window!
    like every PC known to man, a smartphone needs some rest. When was your last reboot? I reboot once every 2 days or so. Try that, also download Luna manager and use luna restart, its quicker.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I've never experienced lag like this with the dialer. Do you have an enormous number of patches installed?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've had my phone for about 6 months now. Why the heck would I be making this up?

Yeah it is very sluggish the phone app really needs an upgrade, if they can every make the scrolling/swiping as smooth as the iphone, then i would say it officially beats the iphone
  12.    #12  
    I will start rebooting more. Thanks for the info. Like I said, I love the phone, but it can get very laggy at times. It's very frusrtating to say the least.
    I'm running 80+ patches and its just as responsive as an oem Pre.
  14.    #14  
    Anyone know if the Pre Plus is less laggy?
    i was going to chime in, but it was already covered with the text delete thing.

i'll just say then, that i love the neversummer75 name. i had an old boyne mountain t-shirt that said never summer, and had a graphic of a guy hiking his snowboard up some backcountry.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i was going to chime in, but it was already covered with the text delete thing.

i'll just say then, that i love the neversummer75 name. i had an old boyne mountain t-shirt that said never summer, and had a graphic of a guy hiking his snowboard up some backcountry.
    lol..nice. Yup, It's the brand of snowboard that I ride. I love it...it's bomb proof!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Let me start off by saying, I really want to like this phone. The true multi-tasking and other great features that it has to offer are truly amazing and one of a kind in cell phone market. This is probably the most fun/frustration Iíve had with a cell phone, ever.
    However, with that being said, the Pre has got to be the most frustrating phone that Iíve ever used. Although it comes with all these great features and can do true multi-tasking, this has got to be one of the most sluggish and unresponsive phone that Iíve ever used. Iím currently 34 years and have used a lot of cell phones (tons of smart phones) through my years. Iím not going to pretend to know why the Pre is so sluggish, but all I know is that Iím at the end of my rope with this phone.
    Case in point- the other day I used my Pre to call in my medicine prescriptions to Walmart. As I attempted to key in my prescription numbers, the phone would pause for about 5 secs and then the numbers would register all at the same time. Because of this I was unable to place my prescription number on the phone and had to go into Walmart and tell them the numbers in person. I have countless other stories that illustrate how sluggish the Pre is.
    I guess I got to the point where I could not stand it anymore. I needed to convey my story to see if others found this phone to be sluggish and unresponsive. At this point, I could not care less about any other upgrades to the phones features. If I donít notice a significant speed improvement on the next update, Iíll be jumping ship. Yes, I do find it that frustrating!
    The same thing was happening to me until I found the culprit. I had recently installed gDialPro 2.6. After deleting it, the lad disappeared. Check to see if perhaps it's an app or a patch. Good luck.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    lol..nice. Yup, It's the brand of snowboard that I ride. I love it...it's bomb proof!
    nice. i've got a ride timeless. i need a smaller jib board sort of thing though, more like a park/pipe board again since i live in MI and there isn't much use for a monster like the timeless. it was great at whistler though!

i suppose this is the wrong forum for this discussion though, lol.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by seistoes View Post
    The same thing was happening to me until I found the culprit. I had recently installed gDialPro 2.6. After deleting it, the lad disappeared. Check to see if perhaps it's an app or a patch. Good luck.
    Cool..thanks. I love the phone....it does sooo much. If it had the speed and smoothness of the Iphone then I would say that the PRE was king of the hill.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    nice. i've got a ride timeless. i need a smaller jib board sort of thing though, more like a park/pipe board again since i live in MI and there isn't much use for a monster like the timeless. it was great at whistler though!

i suppose this is the wrong forum for this discussion though, lol.
    Right on. I live in Utah and hit up Snowbird and Brighton all the time. Gotta love the Pow pow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast