Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TempeDuck View Post
    The other day, my Pre just updated the PRL all on it's own. Had a screen pop up saying "Updating PRL" and had a cancel button. Took about 2 min. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    thats when sprint pushes the update usually at late night hours sometime
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by TempeDuck View Post
    The other day, my Pre just updated the PRL all on it's own. Had a screen pop up saying "Updating PRL" and had a cancel button. Took about 2 min. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    I'm just getting this message now on my Palm Pixi, 10:12 pm, PST.
    That happened to me tonight as well.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    PRL = Preferred roaming list is a list of locations your phone searches for to get the best signal. It's good to keep it updated so that it won't struggle to find the best signal in new locations that have new towers etc. The more it works to find the best signal - the more your battery is used. Hence - keep it updated and your battery will last a lot longer
    I've always been under the impression that the Preferred Roaming List is, as the name would suggest, a list of which carriers to roam on in various markets (and in which order to try them). The way I've read it, it has nothing to do with new towers of roaming partners, which would be detected automatically by a phone trying to roam--and certainly nothing to do with the towers of your home carrier. Have I been wrong all this time? (If I am, it wouldn't be the first time.)
    prl currently should have an 62 at the end
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm at 62 as well
    Yah currently the latest is 60662, it got pushed last night about 10pm CST.
    I am at 60662
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Sprint, 60662
    same 60662 on sprint
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    I've always been under the impression that the Preferred Roaming List is, as the name would suggest, a list of which carriers to roam on in various markets (and in which order to try them). The way I've read it, it has nothing to do with new towers of roaming partners, which would be detected automatically by a phone trying to roam--and certainly nothing to do with the towers of your home carrier. Have I been wrong all this time? (If I am, it wouldn't be the first time.)
    Exactly what I thought as well, and since I just switched plans from Simply Everything to 450 unlimited data, I no longer want to roam anyway during peak hours as it deduct minutes.

Can someone clear up if this is the Roaming carrier update setting, or if it really checks for new towers on the home network?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    just goooooooooogle it
    I'm just sayin'...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12